Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #31 
newbie32

Exclamation

As of this morning, King Fishy looks soooooooo much worse. Almost all his fins are turning black. Piece of his tail, both full fins under his head, half his tail and it's starting on that fin bellow his tail from his body down. It's looking terrible. He seems to be breathing fine, but he looks like his body is rotten. He had been changing to a gold color around his gill, I was told that it was him just changing colors. Well...that gold color is almost completely gone and everything that was changing to the gold/green is now rotted. Well, maybe not around the gill. I can't really tell. He's a very dark blue/black there now. Should I put King FIshy out of his misery? This can't be good for him.
newbie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #32 
Oldfishlady

Can you post a clear pic of him? he is swimming and eating still...correct....

How much salt are you using?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #33 
newbie32

This last picture I posted with the red circles is the best I can get for now. He hasn't eaten in weeks. He wasn't really swimming when he was in his tank. He would swim frantically to the top of the water for air and then kinda "fall" back down to the gravel. Now that he is in QT he doesn't really need to swim in that little tub. He moves around the bottom and switches laying on his right side to left side every now and again. I'm faily certain he was sick when I got him. I've had trouble with him since practically day one.

If I do have to put him to sleep or he dies, I plan to get another betta. What should I do about his tank. Clean it with just water or can I use a little bit of bleach? I don't want any germs that this fish had to infect a new fish. Or my snail for that matter.
newbie32 is offline   Reply With Quote