Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #1 
PitGurl

A little bad, a little good (long).....

As you may remember I lost my Butters in a terrible accident with his thermometer. I didn't post this but a couple days I woke up to find Dharma dead at the bottom of his tank. He seemed fine the night before, he was active and had built a bubble nest. Then today my betta Taj who's been in QT for about a week started showing signs of dropsy. So I decided to euthanize him. I feel like a bad betta mom. I tested all my water and everything is at zero. I'm hoping this is all just a terrible coincidence. It has only been my males who have had problems my two girls are spunky as ever.

This afternoon I had to go pick up a new heater cuz my other one quit on me. First I tried Petsmart but they were out. So I had to go to Petco. I had decided I was not going to look at the bettas. As I was looking for a heater I could hear someone reading the top of the betta cups, "change water ever two weeks." I sighed and walked over and explained that the info on the cups was incorrect. I did my best to explain betta care to them. I could tell they were a lost cause and I tried not to get annoyed. They grabbed a VT and walked off.
As I was standing there I glanced at the cups and as always they were in terrible shape. I could tell an obvious difference between the "newbies" and the "vetrans". I leaned down to say Hi to a little girl and couldn't help but notice the little face to my right. Two little eyes were staring at me. The cup read, "delta tail male". He was a newbie, clean water and active. I out my finger up to the cup, he backed up and then swam sideways all puffed up. He was turquoise with a white edge on his fins, just barely a BF. I walked away and went to pay for my heater. The cashier asked, " Will this be all for you?" I sighed and said "No". I turned around and went back for him.

So I'm going to have two new guys. The DeT I got today and then my AB CT "Artoo" should get here tomorrow. I really hope this strech of bad betta luck is over.
Attached Images

PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww! I'm so sorry for your losses! But that new betta sounds like such a cute sweetie, and he's beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics of him and the beautiful new AB guy settled in!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:09 AM   #3 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Hate to see that those people looking at the bettas was, as you said, a lost cause. Though I hope maybe your words got to them a little and they decided to do some research.

He's very beautiful. Good luck to him. He's got a good home now.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #4 
tracyalexa

aww. I don't know a lot about them but I am dedicated to learning. I tried talking sense into a couple at petco who had one of those TINY (less than a .5 gal) tanks but they acted like I just smacked their kid. Grumble.

Good luck w/ your new ones.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote