Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #1 
FloridaBettas239

Found Awesome New Betta Home

Okay so everyone know's how most all of the 1 gallon and 1.5 gallon aquariums are acrylic. Also they are square, Or cube shape..!
So I went into my friends pet store today and I found this..

http://www.amazon.com/1-5gal-Betta-1.../dp/B0042FRPMA

You have to check the link, I couldn't get the picture to load. This thing only cost me 15.00 and it holds 3 bettas. I bought 2 of them.
One of them I use to take pictures of the bettas for sale. Everything is all glass and its so crystal clear the pictures are perfect. And the bettas dont have a ton of room when you put the dividers in, So you get a nice flare and the bettas just sit's there..
Then i have the other one that has 3 females in it.. They all are siblings and have a pecking order..
But anyway I love this tank, It comes with a glass conopy and glass dividers. It also has the black silocone in the corners and makes the tank look really nice.. Also it is shaped just like a regular aquarium. It looks so awesome because its like a little mini aquarium...
Also I just ordered a light for it... It lays right on top of the glass conopy and looks great.. Its called the " Coralife Aqualight Mini" It has 2 t5 bulbs in it and its only 11 inches long. One inch shorter than the mini aquarium.
With the t5 bulbs I can make this thing a awesome planted mini tank..
Or if I wanted to get crazy I could take some live rock and coral from my reef tank and make a mini reef tank.. With that coralife light it would be know problem.. It would be to cute... LoL

I will try to get some pictures on soon...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #2 
mollyyymo

That looks absolutely great... too bad they're out of stock right now! Adding it to my wish list though.

Also, if you happen to still be selling bettas next month, please PM me and let me know what you've got. :)
mollyyymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #3 
Abby

there you go
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #4 
Loryen

Wow, that's really cool! Do you know how many gallons there is per section?
Loryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #5 
peachesxo

on the add (in the link) it says it's a 3 way 1.5 gal.. meaning each section is only half a gallon, if it's being used for pictures for bettas you are selling i see it working well, but not as a permanant home.
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #6 
Loryen

Oh, yeah, that's REALLY small. I suppose it would be good for fry and bettas being sold (as you said ;p )
Loryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #7 
FloridaBettas239

I have 2 of them.. One has the dividers taken out, The betta has the whole 1.5 gallons. 3 days ago I put a bunch of duckweed anf Java Moss, I put the small round Lee's Aquarium Sponge Filter with a control valve. Everything is going great, I just need to get another Coralife Mini Aqualight..
On the 2nd one I have it divided up.. I use it to take pictures of my bettas for sale. They dont have a lot of room to move like a 10 gallon. They just sit there all flared up, Making for awesome pictures...
But I will tell you its not bad, The one with the sponge filter..! If I was to put the dividers into it. The bettas have nice filtered sections. Each section is a half gallon. Which on a filtered aquarium is nice. Its not to small...
but anyway all my adult Male bettas go to my bennie baby drip system...
All the females stay together... They have a 55 gallon they all live in.. Nice planted tank..
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #8 
tracyalexa

I have the same one, but I have one male in it. I did have 3 males in it but I felt bad that they had so little room. :( He loves it all to himself!
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #9 
roadrunner

i was just wondering... can you take the dividers out?
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #10 
Luimeril

that'd be good for jarring fry. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote