Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #1 
n3wport

Exclamation OMG does my new betta have "hole in head" :'( ? ? ? or am I just disaster-thinking?

I noticed my fish's face isnt as smooth as his body, and I saw tiny dots, maybe its just the scales but idk.. Im so worried now hes gonna dieeee :'(

I'll try to fill this out but its hard cause I only had him for like 3 days..

Housing
What size is your tank? 3 gallons, I am getting 5 gallons on friday
What temperature is your tank? 75-80, I always turn the tank light off before it goes past 80.
Does your tank have a filter? Yes, but I turned it off this morning cause its powerful.
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Well, he ate a few freeze dried blood worms, and picks at Wardley's pellets once they are soaked with water, but usually doesnt show interest in food, I just got him
How often do you feed your betta fish? I try to see if he will eat once every night

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? His tank's water was conditioned, and filtered up until today..
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? newwww
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? I have the stress coat / de-heaveymetal/cholrine etc. thing.

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? well, I didnt notice it I guess? until right now cause his face looks all weird.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? No, he swims around and flares at stuff, and makes bubbles all over. hes not as shy as my last betta fish
When did you start noticing the symptoms? idk just now? :(
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Idk what to do but I wont give up on him :(
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Not to my knowledge, hes from Petco, so who knows.
How old is your fish (approximately)?
no idea
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #2 
iheartmybettas

I don't really see anything. If he was hurt or had something wrong I would imagine he would be inactive. Maybe just watch it for a little longer and do some water changes. If it is something clean water will help keep something from spreading. Maybe try to get a close up that is easier to see what you are talking about.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote