Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #1 
Vocaloid

Talking Vocaloid is Back

Well, it seemed like my friend was able to care for Miku, but it appears that she lied to me about her mother's permission to have a pet. She told me that her mother said that she could have a betta when she really said that she wasn't allowed to have any pets. I let my friend know that I don't like being told lies and that I have no business with a person who thinks that lying is the answer to getting your way. She apologized, but I let her know that a true friend doesn't lie about things and that because of her stunt she isn't qualified to be my friend anymore. Miku was kept in a closet on a shelf, but now she's back in my care. My ex-friend is no longer a part of this site because she doesn't want to be on this site if she doesn't have a betta of her own. It appears that I'm back from my retirement.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww! I'm sorry about that! You both sounded so nice. Well, I hope the little girl is okay from all of the moving!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #3 
bettafish15

Awwe. Glad Miku is back in your care! When I read her post, I didnt like the thought of where Miku was kept either :/
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #4 
Johnificent

oh now :O friend fighting.... i understand about lying, been through it for my whole elementary school life, hahahha XD well, sorry about the friend separation :P at least your betta is now in a safe home :) WELCOME BACK! XD
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #5 
Arashi Takamine

I hate it when friends fib to get their way. It's awful that she kept Miku in a closet. Is she okay?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #6 
Goomba3

Glad Miku is back in proper care. Living life in a shelf in a dark closet is no fun. hat person should have thought about being forced to live HER life like that. Horrible. Good luck to you and Miku!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #7 
Vocaloid

Miku's Update

Yes, it's a shame that her mother requested that she take her air away so that she would die. I'm also glad that she could contact me about returning Miku so that her fate wasn't death. I don't think Miku is doing very great though. When I put her inside her tank once more after scrubbing it down and boiling it in hot water along with the gravel she acted like she was sick. She shriveled her fins and stayed at the bottom of her tank and didn't show any interest in food. I thought it might be the gravel so I replaced the gravel with glass pebbles and she got better, but now it looks like she might have a slight case of fin rot. She's acting normal, but I think I see some signs of fin rot.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, dear little girl! I hope she feels much better. :)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #9 
Vocaloid

Miku's Update #2

I had some technical errors in the 2.44 gallon, so I did a 100% water change and put Miku back inside the 1 gallon until I can get a much bigger tank. This tank has a light so I checked to see if I was truly seeing fin rot and now that I had a light on Miku the fins don't look like they have a severe case of fin rot. I'll give her fins a couple of days and if it doesn't get better I'm going to consider it as fin rot and treat it as fin rot.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #10 
Bettaluver4evr

Ew, technical problems! Hope she's okay with all of the stress. I hope it's not fin rot, or if it is, I hope it's minor and doesn't cause any major problems. Good luck!