Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #1 
Littlebittyfish

bitten by the betta bug..LITERALLY... a true story.

Well..I finally got my 10 gallon divided and set up..somewhat...I got the dividers in...got the sand in..started to fill up...got filled up 8 gallons..and then I looked around....no plugs... I had one available...So I just have the heater going for now..Will have to get another plug thing to plug my filter into sometime tomorrow!

I put my 3 guys in despite not having the filter and not having the tank fully setup yet...mostly because I reaaaaaally wanted to see them out of their QT.containers..Batman has a good 1/2-3/4 inch fin growth back..Robin is looking good too..Yellow (my unnamed yellowdelta fin) who had been sitting in a dirty cup at petco for a month...still has a bit of ragged fins..but I am hoping that will get better as he warms up to his environment...Anyways..

I felt bad earlier and I happened to be across the street from a pet store..So I ran in and got 3 sword plants..One for each section..it's not much..but it is better than nothing for now. I was so excited about how they would like the plants..I opened the bags and rinsed the heck out of them and didn't even bother to QT. the plants...(hopefully I didn't add any weird creatures to my tank...I think I should be moderately safe as they had the plants separate in there own tank.)

I started with Robin's section...He stared at my hand curiously and then he swam around it.....Then to Batman's section...He automatically swam up to my hand..I thought that was cute...then he went real fast at my fingers! but he stopped...looked like he was thinking about it...so I continued to plant the plant in the sand...Then he did it again! this time at the side of my hand! and he really bit me!

First time I have ever actually been bit by a betta. I almost want to change his name to bug...because...I have definitely been bit by the betta bug.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #2 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Aww, how cute!
I wish my bettas nibbled at me... x3

But when my grampa's betta girls bite, it hurts. xD They have some teeeeth....
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #3 
alixhero

same thing happen to me just now when I was cutting and replanting my Java Ferns !!

But is a good thing due to my way of thinking

I though of if he bitten me means his actually protecting his home from invaders , which meeaaan ... He accepted this as his home and happy ^^
alixhero is offline   Reply With Quote