Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #11 
1fish2fish

I got them They're acclimating now.

Because the box arrived after the mail was sent out to the University it comes up as notice left (but they don't actually leave a notice). I had already called the post office and arranged for them to call me when the box arrived because I knew it wouldn't get picked up for delivery. It would be so much easier if I could just arrange a hold for pick up I'm moving in a month and after that shipping fish is going to be soo much easier.

Anyways they're here and they're gorgeous! The darker blue female actually flared at me when I pulled her out of the box LOL
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #12 
Martinismommy

Let's hope she isn't a he lol......She did the same thing here.....Her Mother is evil just like that lol
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #13 
1fish2fish

Haha.. I hope not too evil to spawn If she does turn into a "he" .. well..look how good it turned out for me last time! LOL I don't think she is though.. she's just feisty!

I just checked on them and she's completely colored up, barred up, and flaring at the male, who seems to be enjoying the attention and is flaring back. The other female is just sitting in her cup watching them like "eh.. whatever"... she's so cute and almost an exact twin to the male.

I'm gonna get some pictures here in a bit once I get them into their tanks.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #14 
Martinismommy

I only had about 3 marble females in that spawn....I was going to keep her for show but because she was so timid I decided to let you use her for breeding....And yes, she is a close match to the male as far as coloration.....
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #15 
1fish2fish

In that case I hope I get a lot of fry from her. I think she definitely needs more time to mature before spawning. The other female acts as though you could throw her in the spawning tank tomorrow and she'd be ready to go. Too bad they're gonna have to wait a couple weeks until school slows down a bit.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #16 
NIB BETTA

Very nice selection. Make sure to post updating picks of your male. I would love to see his progress.
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #17 
monroe0704

I'm SO in love with your trio!! ... and darn it, there's a pair on AB right now. >_< I can always make room, but I don't know when I could breed them. Maybe next month when I get back to the home fort...

I just LOVE that light colored girl <3
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #18 
1fish2fish

Here's pics from yesterday...
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=68096

Monroe you should totally get them... the steel pair right? I SOO wish I had the money for them :p
Old 04-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #19 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Here's pics from yesterday...
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=68096

Monroe you should totally get them... the steel pair right? I SOO wish I had the money for them :p
I am swooning over that thread! ... and I just bid o_O

LOL I've always got room and $$.... now to set up a breeding schedule for all of Karen's fish (I want each to get their turn in the spawning tanks :P)! When were you gonna breed your new ones again??
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #20 
1fish2fish

Not until I'm in my new apartment... so at least not until May. I just think that with finals going on I'll just be too preoccupied with school and work to spawn.

When I do I'm thinking of first doing the marble male/female and then recondition the male and use the blue girl. I also want to do another Dan spawn and a spawn with my Blue DT "Bubba".