Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #11 
Vocaloid

Most humans are stupid and don't care about any other life forms than themselves. These are known as people who think it's "cool" to see two male bettas fight in a small tank. Those people deserve severe punishment and a lecture about how all life should be equal in their mind. Just because something is smaller or more stupid doesn't mean that it's right to take their life away or make it miserble. The fighters are still horrible people, but at least they take out the bettas once they submit to each other. They're more educated, but it still doesn't make fighting right. I don't blame those who are just plain ignorant about the way they treat they're bettas because there are a lot of people who don't know about the fish who try to give them information on how to care for them. Others influence this behavior, so I kindly correct them and they usually take the information to mind and change the incorrect care. Those fighters are flagged by me, but I don't say anything. The people who think it's cool to fight bettas receive a comment from me about how awful they are and I flag the video. That's the only thing we have the power to do. It's not like we have paperwork saying that anyone who fights bettas shall have them taken away. How these bettas are treated bothers me, but I do what I can (Which isn't much) to help the bettas.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #12 
Luimeril

what many of those fighters who fight vts don't realize is, in some states, they don't specify the species in the laws about animal fighting. so, it's technically illegal to fight ANY animal, be it monkeys, dogs, birds, or fish. :/ i really go off on the ones who laugh and complain when the bettas don't fight.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #13 
tracyalexa

I was terrified of pits until I rescued my 1st one! I now recommend them to anyone who will listen! hahaha. They are amazing dogs.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #14 
Ethan

I actually have a pit mix she is a orange color and a great dog you can still see that pit instict inside of her though.....sometimes she's bad but never bites which is good with my 2 little sisters being 8 & 4!!!
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #15 
Arashi Takamine

I saw a video of someone with a giant betta and someone had said: "He'll be a great fighter. Looks strong." I told him and I quote: "Hey you know betta fighting is illegal and immoral right?" I was tempted to call him an idiot but I told everyone the same thing when I saw a video of them trying to fight their betta's and explained that they oughta be kept as pets not as fighters.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #16 
Luimeril

veils, hms, cts, and any hybrid of those, were bred to be pets, not fighters. even the Plakats you get from pet stores, are supposed to be pets, not fighters. :/ anyone, who willingly fights bettas for fun, needs to be evaluated. o.0 that's cruelty, whether they see it as such or not. Xd
Old 04-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #17 
Arashi Takamine

I know. I saw a video of someone playing with their solid red HMPK with their finger and letting him fight it...Two idiots posted that they wanted to fight her betta and that one was looking for a fight and the other said: "Ha! My three month old Plakat can beat up your fish in two seconds flat. My betta is so mean he beat up 3 baby oscars." I told him Betta's and oscars couldn't be kept together and that betta fighting hell animal fighting in general is illegal and could get you arrested. I told anyone this and those who were idiots about it....Or neglected their betta's care were called baka (idiot in Japanese) rightfully. I don't use baka often but in some cases...It was needed.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #18 
bettamaniac

despite how cruel betta fighting is it is not always as cruel as some think. when I say that I mean it like this and this is an example: a lot of people think after fighting them they neglect them, they dont, they care for them completely and nurse them back to health (the professionals do at least). they also like I said nurse them back to health and dont just leave them in a jar to suffer and die. but most idiots just fight pet store vts and then afterwards just leave them in a jar to die.
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #19 
Luimeril

the Thai fighters pamper their PKs before, and after fighting. the dumbies we see on youtube fighting Veils, don't give two cares about the bettas, and probably don't even know HOW to treat the wounds. :/ there's a difference.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #20 
betta fish crazy

Sadly, some people really do try to harm (by fighting or otherwise) their bettas. They don't want to know anything about bettas and their care.Most people really do want to care for their pet properly, but they are provided wrong or uncomplete information. My friend had a betta once but it died because she didn't know not to clean the tank with soap. Correct, complete information needs to be more readily availible to the general public, whether through accurate websites, more books about bettas, or educated pet store employees. This will be the first step in the right direction.
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rant