Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #1 
NikiandBeyond

How can I have anacharis?

I have basic gravel and a sufficient full-spectrum tank light (it's switched off in the first picture). Right now I have Parrot's Feather, a Marimo Ball, and Java Moss, so I haven't had to worry about substrate at all and don't know a thing about it. I want something that can go up the height of the tank, so I guess I have to get something planted. I was thinking about Anacharis, but I don't know how I would get it to take root. Would I have to do an entire overhaul to replace the substrate? Any way I can get out of it? Or what else would you recommend I do to spiff up my tank?

I can tell Casper wants to weave in and out of something, because he'll do laps between the suctioned on thermometer and glass.

It's a 4.6 gallon tank.
Attached Images

NikiandBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Anacharis should do fine in your tank. It doesn't need to be rooted..It can be left floating at the top or you can gently stick it into your gravel to hold it down in place. I wish I had better luck with anacharis..I love the way it looks..
Your tank looks really nice btw.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #3 
Tisia

in one of my tanks the piece of anacharis I tried to make float, sank, and the pieces I tried to put in the gravel are now floating, lol. the other one they actually seem to be doing what I want. I just trimmed off any of the leaves that would have been in the gravel and stuck it down in there. the tank that they're obeying in's gravel is a bit higher than the other, so that could have something to do with it
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote