Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #11 
Luimeril

i've two bettas in kritter keepers, one in a sterilite bin, and one in a bowl(Lulu. cause she hates anything bigger than a gallon. odd girl. :/). Chappy's in an actual tank, Caroline's in an actual tank, and Theo's in an actual tank, and his is the only glass one. xD

i think, they're so addicting, because they're like little people. they've so much personality, it's hard to NOT become attached to them! then, you want more, to see more of that human-like personality. the fact that no two act alike, is really amazing, too! out of seven, they all act different!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #12 
phoenix91

It is so addictive and i really think only people who have fish understand. I got the one male a little over a month ago, then two weeks alter i saw the cutest female and got her to put in my planned planted tank. Now every time i go to the pet store, which seems to be a lot more than i used to even though i have kitties that need pet store stuff, i look at the fish. I can't help it. Plus i keep thinking ;i have room ,i could get another'. I need to stop these thoughts!

I was telling my dad the other day that if i had the spare cash i'd get a big tank, like 79G and get either an oscar or some other cichlids. He looked at me like i was an insane person and just shook his head and walked away. He just doesn't understand the fascination; then again he totally doesn't get why i have my horse either.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:22 AM   #13 
CyerRyn

I bought my sons Betta back in January and I fell in love with him. It turned into me loving and enjoying his present more than he did. (not saying he doesn't love Sazzer too, cuz he does) It took me a few months to really come up with the idea of expanding and then saved the money to do it. If it wasn't for some great friends I wouldn't have my 10gal or 7gal. My 7gal is my next project since I ran out of funding for this month, but I definitely want to put a boy in it at some point. So I have 2 boys atm ;) and every time I see one at the fish store I just wanna ring it up and bring him on home.. if only I had the room.

I'm actually glad I live far away from walmart and petsmart cuz I'd be too impulsed to save them.. but I know they'll just get replaced with more. Sad facts. :( sad sad sad... The stores I go to, well one has their Betta's in clean (daily water changes) glass bowls, they even stick bamboo in the bowl. The other fish store I've gone to keeps their Betta's in 15-20gal tanks amongst other *compatible* fish, so I know their being treated extremely well. It's a shame these other stores dont.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:28 AM   #14 
Neil D

My mom wonders why I stare at my fish so much.... And why I'm
Always happy to do water changes ( if I had like ten tanks, then that would be different) I love my betta! But I'm the kind of person who can't love another fish unless the unthinkable happens.(unless of course, theyre schooling fish...)
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote