Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #1 
Neil D

Question Light!

In my tank, I have two purplish blue bulbs and was wondering if I can keep them on from 6:30 am to 8:30pm? There is a timer on the tank, which does this automatically. Will this day/night cycle be safe?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #2 
chelsmarie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
In my tank, I have two purplish blue bulbs and was wondering if I can keep them on from 6:30 am to 8:30pm? There is a timer on the tank, which does this automatically. Will this day/night cycle be safe?
That sounds just fine. My Ignacio has his light on from 6AM to about 10PM or until I get home in the evening and he is uber happy. In fact, he LOVES the light. When I turn it on, he swims around all excited and stares at it with interest.

I have another betta at my mom's house and he has a light left on for 24/7. My mom just leaves the light on all the time because she doesn't really have much to do with him. (It's a small normal bulb.) I would turn it off and on, but I am not there all day and night to control his lighting. I know people say that fish need to have darkness for a descent amount of time to rest, but Weezy is perfectly healthy and happy.

And if your lights are purple, they must not be that bright. So your fish can probably still rests if he wants with the light on.
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote