Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #1 
takumi

Smile The story of my true betta miracle :)

I recently had to move earlier in january, (this story is a bit old but bear with is it's still amazing!), and because i live in northern Canada january is really quite cold for bettas. I had three bettas; the first two were my first bettas ever and I loved them so dearly, the third was the newbie to my pack: a huge blue and yellow veil tail with a (very) bad temper. Well I packed them ever so carefully in their 'moving' cups and begun the long 8 hour drive to Edmonton, Alberta. I was careful to use the heat in intervals because I wanted to keep the temperature constant. When I finally made it my fishies were the first thing out of the car with me. I rushed them inside and when I checked them for damage they were all upside down with that dead fish look to them.

I instantly floated their tanks in warm water trying to warm them up but after a night's work, no progress and no sleep I cried and gave up. I left them for a day - I think i was in a state of denial - so sad because I missed the fish I had cared for and loved, two for almost a year. Finally I gathered the courage to take them outside and attempt to bury them - I very determined to do this even though the ground was very frozen. I buried my first two, the oldest ones and my favorites :( :( and then picked up the third, my newbie fish and oh my god!!! He swam up to the top of the water the instant I picked up his cup!!! Thirty below outside in the Canadian winter and this fish had somehow survived!!!

I was so moved by this guy's will to survive. It felt like somehow the fishy world knew I was so so sad so they sent me - and him - a miracle!! This crazy betta is now my little miracle fish and ever since the incident his behavior has changed dramatically! He is so happy and playful, not the grouch he was before. It's as though he appreciates his second chance as much as I do :) Although I miss my beloved fish, the sadness was somewhat dampened by this little fishy coming back to life so he could stay with me. I keep him close because now every time i see him i still get an ear to ear smile and wish i could say thank you to him for sticking with me.
takumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #2 
carzz

awww :( While that is a very touching story indeed, and I'm so happy he survived, it's kind of tragic..... o.o
BUT YAY TO THE LITTLE SURVIVOR!!!
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #3 
baylee767

That's amazing, I wonder what went wrong though.

Lucky guy! I guess he feels that now is the time to live life to its fullest (=
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #4 
tracyalexa

sweet story.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote