Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #1 
Littlebittyfish

Advise/opinions needed

Ok...So...My divided 10 gallon did not go well! Batman is sick again? I am guessing from the stress...He is now back in QT with aquarium salt and IAL.. ..I feel like that poor little guy has been sick since I got him in February...
I just wish I could figure it out and make him feel better.... Same thing pretty much! clamped fins...stripes..pale..long strings of white off his fins...ugh..

My other 2 now in the 10 gallon like to lay on the bottom sand most of the time...I am now planning on taking out the dividers and housing 1 of my bettas in this tank. and the other in another tank or critter keeper..unfiltered..
(Maybe..eventually..get a few tank mates..corys or rasboras for the 10 gallon...but that's no time soon!)
The other 2 I will have to find a home for them...I am undecided though...Should I get them both a 3 gallon critter keeper..or go with the 2.5 gallon glass tanks? I am somewhat undecided..but I do like that the critter keepers have lids. I could easily make one for the 2.5 but they would have .5 more gallons in the critter keeper.. Does anyone have any photos of critter keeper homes for bettas? or the 2.5 gallon tanks? I plan on them both being unfiltered.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #2 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
Ok...So...My divided 10 gallon did not go well! Batman is sick again? I am guessing from the stress...He is now back in QT with aquarium salt and IAL.. ..I feel like that poor little guy has been sick since I got him in February...
I just wish I could figure it out and make him feel better.... Same thing pretty much! clamped fins...stripes..pale..long strings of white off his fins...ugh..

My other 2 now in the 10 gallon like to lay on the bottom sand most of the time...I am now planning on taking out the dividers and housing 1 of my bettas in this tank. and the other in another tank or critter keeper..unfiltered..
(Maybe..eventually..get a few tank mates..corys or rasboras for the 10 gallon...but that's no time soon!)
The other 2 I will have to find a home for them...I am undecided though...Should I get them both a 3 gallon critter keeper..or go with the 2.5 gallon glass tanks? I am somewhat undecided..but I do like that the critter keepers have lids. I could easily make one for the 2.5 but they would have .5 more gallons in the critter keeper.. Does anyone have any photos of critter keeper homes for bettas? or the 2.5 gallon tanks? I plan on them both being unfiltered.
Just want to let you know that the 3 Gallon Kritter Keepers hold closer to 4 gallons, I measured. Which is awesome in my opinion. 4 gallons for the price of three!

Edit: You can see a pic of my filterless 2.5 in the thread titled "Greeny's New Home" under betta pictures.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote