Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #1 
artes

My babies!

Hello! My name is Artes, and I am new to this forum. I am posting pictures of [most] of my betta babies. I have a couple that are refusing to turn out in photographs, but I'll nail them one day!

Most of these photos were taken when they were in their old tanks - I only have a couple left in 1 gallons. My room temperature stays hot enough to where the tanks stay in the 75-78 range without heaters (whew).

Peaches:

Byte:

The General - he's flaring in this photo because he hates everybody that is not me, including my husband, lol. My husband was standing behind me in this picture. He also flares his gills when he wants food, and when he's annoyed at his light.

The General - sideways shot. He's my oldest betta at 2.5 years old:

I have trouble picking a name for this guy:

Jewel:

Key and Brox:

Fred. The interesting thing about him is he was solid white when I got him, and as you can see, now he's not. If you look behind the thermometer, you can see an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey I'm growing out. I finally had to move the betta to a different container until I can move the EBJD, but then Fred will have his 10 gallon back.
artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #2 
turtle10

They are all so cute! But I would fill the tanks all the way to the top. One gallon is already at the absolute minimum so you want to make sure they are as filled up as possible. Make sure you do tri-weekly water changes, too :)
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #3 
artes

They're usually more filled than that - I just had my camera with me on water fixing day, and finally could get a photo with both of them in it. They like to alternate on who is hiding from my camera - I'm pretty sure its intentional.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #4 
turtle10

Trust me, it is intentional. My girls see the camera, come out an look cute. But when I aim it at a specific girl somehow she knows and darts away. So I try to take a picture of a different girl, she runs away and the original one photo bombs the pic.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #5 
artes

My two adult blood parrots are complete camera hogs. When they see the camera, they both swim out and start posing. Cloud will even stretch his mouth a bit more to smile. If you go through my folder of all my fish photos on my computer, like 80% of them are grinning blood parrots, lol.