New pics added!
So here we are a couple of weeks later with another update. I took my nephews new Coolpix camera to give it a whirl since it is hella better than mine but it is still beyond my grasp how to get the really nice macro shots so you all can enjoy the Celestial Pearls better.
I had to trim back the Cambomba because it was really clogging up that center area and with it being just one stem I did not want to remove the other plant just to make room for it especially when it really was not that full compared the the others.
The Pennywort was three inches above the surface and growing down the side of the tank, it was trimmed back along with its roots that were nearly at the top of the Dwarf Baby Tears.
The Dwarf Baby Tears have gone from carpet to stems due to them going for the light and not carpeting anymore. The lower level is dying off as the top seeks better light so I think I will have to lower the LED down a few inches to combat this better? Advice appreciated on this.
The Dwarf Sag has thrown new plantlets all over the place and one has overtaken the poor Anubias and claimed the front left corner. I would like to remove it but I cannot uproot it because it will cause a hot mess I am sure and that leaves me with cutting it down and be done with it. A shame because it is growing in so nicely. Also I found DS all the way clear in the back right so that shows how much of a weed this is.
I am really happy with the way the moss has been growing on the stump and on the new piece of beaver stick I added a couple of weeks ago although the wall is not as full as I would like it to be and is growing really slow. The backside though gets more light from the blinds and that side is growing well. Go figure. At least it is not brown and dead so I will live with it until it decides to fill in. I am not sure what would make it grow or fill in faster but again any advice is welcome.
I added some of the Carib Sea Black Tahitian Moonlight sand to the front because the white was just not cutting it and was brown and nasty. I know some won't agree with the visible triple layer of soil, brown-white sand then black sand but I don't mind it. I don't focus on it and the layering is not annoying me so it is good for me.
I replaced the stock tubing because it got nasty with algae and here we are two weeks later and it is getting nasty again. I am going to have to remove the pipes as well to clean them because I just can't look at them with brown and green algae although I have seen other tanks where you cannot see anything but them being nasty. I guess it is just me, it is not hurting anything so maybe I need to get over it.
The CPD's are doing well, they seem happy and they are active. They chase each other around in and out of the plants. I had an oh $hit moment this afternoon after I took the pics and was just doing my once over I found one of the little guys had managed to lodge himself between the intake filter and the glass and could not get out. I moved it and he freed himself and hauled out of there. I have moved it so that won't happen again. I would have been really upset to lose one of these guys over a stupid mistake on my part.
I have some Amano's on order that should arrive next week. I am adding a few to help the clean up crew and deal with some of the algae that pops up since the ghost shrimp refuse to do any of it. The Olive Nerite is doing his part at least. Also the Pennywort brought in some hitchhikers and I am battling MTS snails that keep popping up. I find them and crush them, the ghosts take care of that at least.
Fert schedule: 1x wkly with Pfertz Nitrogen and Micros; 1ml of API CO2 Booster
So here it is, hope you enjoy the update. Comments, questions, concerns always welcome.