Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

Maka-chan and her siblings.

Okay be warned this is going to show what my local wal-mart does to their betta's. I took my camera incase I needed to include photographs with an angry email.

Maka with her brothers and sisters. She's the first female in the front.

THIS is a betta who's been placed with cories and what appears to be red eyed tetra's. This one is the most active.

Finally....Maka herself.

After being first released into her tank.

Hideing from us. She did this after seeing my dad.

Aaaand on the gravel being derpy.

And Akira BTW is acting like a love sick fry. He has not MOVED from where he could see her since we brought her HOME! I'm sitting between their tanks so I could see them both Aki is like...Acting like a total dorkfish. He's worse then Maka. Maka shrinks away whenever I walk up. I know she needs a lot of time to get used to her tank so I'm not sweating it. Especially since I suspect she was in her cup for over a week.

Anyways my new little girl and second fish to as I've come to call my fish: "The Fudgeball duo."
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #2 
Gizmothefreaky

Your wal*mart is much better than mine as far as clean cups goes... I should take photos of mine, you would really be angry... >.> I never buy fish from there because they are almost always sick and/or dying...
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

I'm sure I would. I was angry because they didn't look healthy. I had complained TWICE to the manager. Today I complained about the water quality to the manager and he thought DISTILLED water was okay. I corrected him and explained that I was concerned I was going to buy a fish and it would die on me. I also only go when shipping days are. My Wal-Mart can have worse cups...Honestly I wish they'd put at least the girls in with the cories and tetra's...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #4 
Pekemom

Lucky Maka to get a fish parent like you!! Lots of good luck with her. She's a beauty. Doesn't it always feel great to rescue them??
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #5 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemom View Post
Lucky Maka to get a fish parent like you!! Lots of good luck with her. She's a beauty. Doesn't it always feel great to rescue them??
Thanks! It does feel great especially since both of my fish were Wal-mart rescues. Maka's loosing her stripes and gaining her blue coloring back. She seems to be convinced that she's a cory cat. >.>; She's a silly little thing but I love her to bits.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #6 
PewPewPew

Those cups are niiicee D: Though theres way too many, wth.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:58 AM   #7 
Arashi Takamine

I know. They still have fish from LAST week and the week BEFORE. Maka's one of the girls from last week I'm positive. She's still stripey but resting on her bridge. She seems to like it. Tomorrow we're hitting Petco to get some food to coax her into eating as well as a new silk plant to add to her tank. Right now she seems to be convinced she's a catfish.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #8 
jesstanner

That is SO much better than my petsmart! Take about half the water in your cup, add blue dirty water to it, and then shove them all in the back DARK corner where they get NO light, and stack them on top of each other. Maka looks VERY cute though, love her eyes
jesstanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #9 
Arashi Takamine

Thank you! Maka has colored up nicely too. She's got her blue back but is still a little stripey. She's eaten though finally. She seems to adore her silk plants.

Yeah my Petsmart is even worse Take a quarter of the water in the Wal-Mart cups add gross yellow stuff add a tiny female and bam! You got my Petsmart in a can.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #10 
phoenix91

She's a cute little girl. I got my girl from pet supplies plus the other day and while i normally don't like how they keep their animals i was surprised by the bettas. there were maybe 9 on a shelf, the boys separated from the girls, and each cup had relatively clean water almost to the top and some coloured gravel in.

A local petsmart however was far from that. All the fish looked sick and i found a cup with a dead girl in hidden behind some other cups. i took it to one of the employees and he took t away, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm sure your girl is happy you took her home.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote