Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2011, 04:49 AM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh! Bakbakabaka!

I HATE it when people post videos of betta fighting but a whole group of people in the USA laughing it up as they fight VT's and CT's makes me soo mad! Especially since to make them fight they lowered the water level so they HAD TO to BREATHE. I left them a nasty comment and mentioned that betta fighting is illegal and flagged their video for animal abuse.

Freakin' bakas! Bakabakabaka! In the worst way possible!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #2 
Luimeril

at least with the Thai fighters, they don't laugh at the poor things. >.> those heartless beasts who fight the CTs and Veils are.... horrid. .____.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #3 
CyerRyn

That's horrible!!! I didn't know people actually did that.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

I know! I found two other video's and as much as I hate trolls it was the same tank, the same fight from two different angles...So I flamed them both. Told them I was not going to be polite called them baka's and told them they could get arrested and deserve it! I was sooo angry!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #5 
Luimeril

i know people, who can get all their info, if he felt like it. :d they BETTER be glad i don't feel like asking him to help me get their info and report them to the proper authorities.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #6 
Arashi Takamine

They're lucky I don't recognize their faces from any of my friends at the cardshop. If I find out any of them did that...They're getting told on to the owner of the shop and I'll be sure to give 'em a punch in the head if I have to.

Anyone be it professional or abusers should never fight betta's to begin with!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #7 
Luimeril

as horrid as it is, i understand why they do it in Thailand. sometimes, that's the ONLY way to get food on the table. but, those Plakats are pampered, and they stop the fight the moment one betta submits, and both are immediately treated for any and all wounds. they're kings of their jars, and are fed the best they can be fed, and are always soaking in a wonderful IAL bath.

the bettas we see on youtube? they're probably flushed once they're done. they sit in stagnant bowls after the fights, if the owner keeps them. infection sets in fast, i bet. poor babies are bought, only to die.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #8 
Ai Shimizu

All people who fight bettas in the USA are considered bakas in my mind. If they knew their laws they'd understand that fighting any animals on purpose is illegal. It's ridiculous and pathetic that someone would fight innocent animals and laugh about it. How sick can humans become? I have an acception for those in Thailand. They pamper their bettas and give them the proper treatment after the fight is finished. Fighting betta fish may be the only way for people in Thailand to earn cash, so I give an acception due to the fact that they care about their fish and they need to feed themselves and family.
Ai Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #9 
Arashi Takamine

I know. I've decided if I see them laughing and fighting betta's I'm going to launch a full blown anger post. I'm not sure how bad the punishment for fighting fish is but I always say: "You could get arrested or jail time. Do you want that?" I even told what sounded from the guy behind the camera being a kid: "Hey you know that's illegal right? You could get arrested."