Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Unhappy that HORRID science experiment....

the one where they shove a betta in a bottle, with some plants, and expect it to survive. i'd have posted this to a few users on UB, but it seems to be down.

i honestly thought that experiment was dropped! but, then i found a video of some students preparing their poor fish for that horrid thing. these girls seem to adore their little fishies, and the one girl who took the video repeatedly tells her fish she loves him.(i'll post it, if i'm given the okay to do so. o.o)

what do YOU all think of this horrid thing? i never had to do it in school, but i've seen what happens to the poor things that go through it. i don't like them

;A; one of the girls has a white veil, it looks like. that poor boy!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

I think it's a horrible experiment. Betta's are too big for that and they need AIR! As much as I am against fish cruelty why not take one of those tiny tetra's for that instead? Or a ghost shrimp? Why put a beautiful betta through that kind of pain!? If I hear my friend's school is doing this I'm gonna ask her to round up her friends to smuggle the betta's out of the school and into real tanks. (I could at least ask her that or I could tell her that she should mention it's animal cruelty.)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #3 
Luimeril

nah, they need to just drop that experiment all together! those poor things are expected to live off NOTHING, and the containers are never cleaned, if i'm remembering correctly. what does that experiment teach those kids? not a darn thing. :/ except that fish are "boring". i know one user on UB rallied a petition, and got the experiment dropped totally from her district.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

Maybe more districts should do that? I don't think my town or any of the towns near it has it but I can ask around. If I have to I'll start a petition and hand outs to everyone.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #5 
Luimeril

post your petition on here. i'll pimp it out to Facebook and UB. :d
Old 04-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #6 
Arashi Takamine

Kay I will...It seems my state never did it though since neither of my parents heard of it and neither have I....I could be gravely wrong though. I'll do some digging.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #7 
Luimeril

the effects of those experiments are horrid. if i'm not mistaking, one of the UB user's bettas didn't live long at all, he was so ill from the experiment. he'd always get fin rot, i think it was, because his immune system was so weak afterwards. poor boy. D:
Old 04-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #8 
Arashi Takamine

Poor thing. They better get rid of that experiment then. I remember the vid you showed me and I told that girl that if she really cared about his life which was in her hands that she should try to end the experiment and get him a real tank. I couldn't even watch the whole thing.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #9 
Neil D

can i see the vid? u could post it on my page. but it sounds horrid!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #10 
Burd

This seems like another case of an ignorant teacher trying to 'teach' a group of ignorant students by providing them an 'interesting' experiment.

I posted quite a bit on the page... I'd REALLY like to know what exactly the point of the 'experiment' is, what they're supposed to be learning.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote