Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #1 
lunawatsername

wow... MTS strikes faster than i thought...

i got my first tank/fish about a week ago. i got a veiltail betta male, and today i figured i would get him a live plant, because their good for the water and the fish and everything. so i walk into PetCo with about 25 bucks, and walk out about 30 minutes later flat broke, with a small plant, a small tank and a female veiltail. ok, in my defense, her water was horrendously dirty, their was mold growing on the bottom of her little cup! and shes only a baby, she was like half the size of any other fish in there. i didnt have a lot of money, so i had to buy a really small tank, its like half a gallon i think... but its better than nothing right? at least she is in clean water with food and everything...(and that tank actually came with a divider, who does that?) anyway, my point was that just a week after i got my fist betta, i got another one. MTS is alive and well! funnily enought, i dont mind it much... :DD
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww! Yes, half a gallon is better than nothing. And you still got you're boy's plant! MTS is flourishing with me, getting a 3 gallon later today, hopefully! :) We love pics, can you get any of the pretty new little girl? :) You are planning to eventually upgrade her half gallon, yes? Sorry, just curious! My male VT lived quite happily in a half gallon for the first 4 months of his life with me. He blew bubblenests, was active, etc. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #3 
lunawatsername

haha awesome :D if you click on my aquariums, there should be some pics of both my bettas in there :) it was kind of hard to get pics actually, shes so shy! hence the name Meekish... lol and yes, i am most definately going to upgrade her as soon as i can! though right now, this tank suits her, shes so small.. i have a silk plant in there and its hard to find her sometimes lol but im hoping to upgrade her to at least a 2 gallon in the next month or so :) (id love to do it right now, but ive got bills to pay lol wouldnt want to make all my animals homeless! xDD)
Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #4 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, she's a cutie! I'm so bummmmed, they were out of the critter keeper at petco today! Phooey. LOL, bills first. :) Would be tough for you take care of your bettas without heat... or a house... hehe. :)
Old 04-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #5 
lunawatsername

she really is! there was no way i could leave without her... i had to walk by her to get to that plants, and the whole time i was looking at them i was mapping out in my head what i would have to do when i got her xDD haha yea, i could easily see this hobby costing me my phone or cable bill tho lolxDDD ive already spent nearly 200 dollars... for 2 very small tanks! o.o lol

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/dolly15rox/Desktop/firstpic.jpeg[/IMG](ps, im going to upload a pic of the cup she was in when i first got her in her aquarium section... it really was bad :/)
Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww! I was totally drawn to my little girl Luna, but I literally couldn't get her. Had to wait a week, knowing she was in a dirty blue toilet water cup. She's very cuuuuute. In 9ish months for 4 fish, I've spent about $200ish dollars. Pretty crazy! Did you try to upload a pic just now? If so, it didn't go through, just came as a bunch of numbers. ;) Waiting for pics of the death cup. :)
Old 04-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #7 
lunawatsername

haha yea i did try to upload a pic, and it didnt work so i uploaded it to her aquarium instead lol it didnt even show me the numbers... lol aww poor thing... her water was blue??? D: is that some kind of odd cleaner or something? eww... love her name tho! ;D lol
Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, bummer! Haha, yup, Luna's water was blue. Petsmart puts in medicines and stuff to keep the fish healthier, but it kinda loses it's purpose when the water is only changed once or twice a week... Thanks! Loony Luna Lovegood, that's what I call her. She's cute and funny and I love harry potter, so. :D

Tags
betta, live plants, mts, tanks, veiltail