Originally Posted by jschristian44
the female was actually showing the S pattern. she was frantically trying to get out and follow the male. so i guess thats good enough sign she was ready. tried releasing her last night. i was gonna wait til tonight to do it, but i figured the male has almost half the 10 gallon tank covered with his bubblenest and she was responding to him well. so i left her out and all that was done was fin tearing. i know its normal, but i was expecting more flirting than chasing. so im keeping her in there until tonight so they will wait even more until they are together, which should make them want each other even more.
TBH, I didn't follow up because
1. you always say your going to do something but then you do another thing - unpredictable. How are we suppose to help you if we are always faced with an unsuspected action.
2. you always release, separate, release, separate. I told you that once you decide to release, that's it - you either let them spawn or cancel for another week or so.
If you keep doing these things, I will stop posting to your threads.
All I/we can do is advise. YOU
make the decision. Right or wrong is normal and to me is acceptable. BUT you have to stick to what you say
and accept to cancel/postpone if you do something wrong.
If you want the female to be safe, get a bunch of stem plants and jam it to one side of the tank so the female can safely hide without the male following. Caves and other hideouts are IMO useless because the male can easily get to her. This way you can release the female early and not worry.
You obviously can't understand their body language. So, I'm sorry, YOU HAVE TO DO IT OUR WAY
(who ever advises you). When you have a better understanding about everything, then you can alter things to you convenience.
Reply by stating your fish's situation/condition and what you plan to do. But this time, PLEASE, stick to your plan. Otherwise this may be my last post on any of your threads.