Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #21 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
it sure seems like he took the advice given to him this time.

how about.... if he makes a video? shows us his breeding setup, his male, his female, ect? that way, WE can help him decide if she's ready or not, and there won't be any mistakes or accidents? o.o just a thought..... >.>;
+1
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #22 
jschristian44

well i did all i possibly could i think. i read so many pages on breeding and they all pretty much say the same thing. i just really can't understand why my bettas just will not embrace. i sold my mustard gas pair and got a crowntail pair that is pretty small yet. i am going to try one last time. that is like 6 different fish combinations i have tried thus far and don't know what else i can do.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #23 
Luimeril

you keep trying different pairs, in the same way. just because you read up on spawning, doesn't mean you understand it 100%. when i get ready to breed my dals, i'm gonna stay on here, asking for advice as much as i can(and i hope no one minds. xD).

you should do as i suggested, and video tape everything. that way, if there's anything wrong, we can help you out better than just taking your word for it, and going by pictures. the good breeders on here, and check out the body language of the pair, and let you know if they're ready or not.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #24 
jschristian44

im making a new thread. watch out for it and please help.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #25 
turtle10

Why do you keep selling the bettas that don't breed? Is that the only reason you want them?
Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #26 
jschristian44

yes i just want to breed them to have babies. i am getting a dog soon, so i think im gonna sell everything.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #27 
turtle10

First off, that is not a good reason to buy/sell a betta, just because it won't breed for you. It isn't its fault.

Second of all, if you are going to sell everything then why in the world are you trying to breed these fish? The fry will require MONTHS of care.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #28 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Oh, DramaQueen, I'll bring some home made sugar cookies! XD

Justin, I've only read the first 8 or so posts....well, I'm going to assume you did the right stuff. You have completely conditioned the pair with frozen or live foods for two whole weeks, you have researched, you took the time to make sure there is enough hiding spots , you have containers for the future fry, you have cultures of live food ready for the fry as well, etc. I wish you the best of luck, because it seems you are honestly trying to put your best foot forward, and it seems you are trying to do it right :)

If you did the proper pre-work, and are willing to listen to and follow the advise of the people who give you info, then you most definately have my support.

JK: this guy has posted many times about his breeding attempts, he has killed a pair of them in the process and sells them when they wont breed straight away. He CLEARLY does NOT understand anything and DOES NOT take advice given to him. He just wants to breed for the offspring them he will prob kill off in the attempts at many more breedings last i knew he didnt even have homes planned for the babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
well i did all i possibly could i think. i read so many pages on breeding and they all pretty much say the same thing. i just really can't understand why my bettas just will not embrace. i sold my mustard gas pair and got a crowntail pair that is pretty small yet. i am going to try one last time. that is like 6 different fish combinations i have tried thus far and don't know what else i can do.

Here.....GIVE UP AND STOP TRYING TO BREED. you clearly cant and you DONT take the advice, we say give them a break what do u do? throw them back together two days later. like the third attempt and fail u said u were not going to do any more attempts till September
but look you didnt surprise any of us and tried again. theres more to fish then breeding. heck if u want to breed BUY guppies they breed like rabbits and you dont need to do anything special.

Quote:
yes i just want to breed them to have babies. i am getting a dog soon, so i think im gonna sell everything.
Just save the crowns, sell them to someone whos not just in it to breed and give up.the breeding and raising process is at least 6 months, its costly and you need to tend the tank daily and feed 4-6 times a day, then you need to be able to house all the spawn, you need the spawn tank, a grow out tank then tanks to house up to or over 300 fish. Remembering males need their own tank can u manage spending 2 hrs or more doing daily maintenance and feeding? some spawns dont even live. you COULD breed and the spawn could all die after a few days. it happens. sometimes you will only get one baby live out of a 300 spawn.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #29 
Abby

Quote:
im making a new thread. watch out for it and please help.

Stop making threads, sell the fish stuff and put that money towards a dog.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #30 
LolaQuigs

You're not going to try to breed the dog are you?
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote