Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #1 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I keep staring at him... D> G'ah, why

Below is the betta I've been drooling over ever since I first saw Revenant. He'd definitely be one I'd buy and put in Rev's old tank, but
1. He's not up for auction again yet, and
2. I don't have any money for another one... much less for another possible loss. D>

I think I will now have issues with getting overseas bettas, considering Rev came to me with SBD and I didn't know how to treat him until after I saw he jumped out of his QT vase and *long story* ;^;

I'm gonna take drawing commissions to -maybe- make some money to get him.* I'll email the person asking if I could buy him off-auction.
If not, I'll wait... very verrry impatiently....

I even already had a name for him as soon as I saw him. Ninja.

*Commissions will be a full color drawing of your betta, with a background, drawn traditionally on 8"x10" paper with standard art colored pencils. Each picture costs $10 for one betta... more pages = $5 more. Add another betta in one page = $2 more. Get ten pages (one betta per page), you get the last three pages free. |D
I'll make an info thread on that tomorrow. For now I need sleep... I'm volunteering at my local pet store now. |D Yay for becoming an unreliable resource by default!

BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:11 AM   #2 
baylee767

Wow, I saw him and was so shocked by his beauty and was momentarily stunned.... no joke, I've NEVER seen such a perfectly beautiful Betta. Why is he being sold? I'd enter him into a show or breed him. Must have been an amazing spawn if he wasn't good enough to stay...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #3 
russalka

He is beautiful. It's great that you are volunteering at your local pet store. I think that Denaliwind just bought a betta from Chonburi. You could ask her how Duck is working out.
russalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #4 
DaveC

Wow! That is one knockout of a fish!

I can see why you keep staring at him. Good luck buying him, he's a keeper for sure.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #5 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Wow, I saw him and was so shocked by his beauty and was momentarily stunned.... no joke, I've NEVER seen such a perfectly beautiful Betta. Why is he being sold? I'd enter him into a show or breed him. Must have been an amazing spawn if he wasn't good enough to stay...
Yeah, I think he was a brother of that amazing black one that sold for $501.
Compared to that one, it's the $501 that should be in a show, and probably will be at that price. |D

Quote:
Originally Posted by russalka View Post
He is beautiful. It's great that you are volunteering at your local pet store. I think that Denaliwind just bought a betta from Chonburi. You could ask her how Duck is working out.
Volunteering because the store's too small and the towns not big enough for them to really make a profit. They make enough to stay open and take great care of the animals there... and they say once summer comes around, they hope to make enough where they can hire someone from within. Still, experience alone will be fun.
And I remember Duck. I wonder if he's still doing as great as he was when Denaliwind first got him?
I'll probably be bothering her for a while. I really want to get Ninja, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Wow! That is one knockout of a fish!

I can see why you keep staring at him. Good luck buying him, he's a keeper for sure.
Thanks. I love him to death, even if I haven't even gotten to know his personality yet. With those colors, he can't be lazy or boring. xD If he is, I'll still love him...

Last edited by BlakbirdxGyarados; 04-09-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: my grammar sucks in the morning
Old 04-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #6 
Luimeril

he's to you, what that CT pair is to me. x3c
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #7 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Hehe... lucky for you, your CT is on auction.
Or was... >> I dunno if you got him yet.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #8 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by russalka View Post
It's true! :D
Duck, my 'Chonburi' betta is doing fantastic. It was the smoothest adjustment ever, it's like he's been living here with me his whole life. He's really healthy, he's so calm and just, well, awesome. I'm very much in love with him and am very much in love with Chonburi bettas. I'm always stalking his auctions.

Anyway, good luck with your betta fund! :D
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #9 
denaliwind

Oh, and the breeder seems to be very good at responding to emails, usually within a couple of hours, if not a day. The language barrier is there, but not enough to make communicating impossible. Before I saw Duck, I had actually contacted him about another betta of his that I wanted, but the auction had closed. He responded promptly to let me know he was still available if I was interested, but that he was also posting new bettas on AB the next day... that's when I first met Duck, hehe.

And yes, that fish you posted is drop dead gorgeous! Such perfect scaling and beautiful fins! :O
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #10 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliwind View Post
Oh, and the breeder seems to be very good at responding to emails, usually within a couple of hours, if not a day. The language barrier is there, but not enough to make communicating impossible. Before I saw Duck, I had actually contacted him about another betta of his that I wanted, but the auction had closed. He responded promptly to let me know he was still available if I was interested, but that he was also posting new bettas on AB the next day... that's when I first met Duck, hehe.

And yes, that fish you posted is drop dead gorgeous! Such perfect scaling and beautiful fins! :O
Wow, awesomeness. Thanks Denaliwind! :D
And I got a refund on another thing I bought.. ended up not working, so it'll pay for half of Ninja's total. I'll email him.
And I don't think I should worry much about the language barrier. I don't speak much Thai (I wish I did) but if there's something he won't understand and I can't convey it better, I've got my granma as a reference. :D
... I love being Thai, lol >>
EVEN IF I DON'T LOOK IT, I AM THAI <__o'
*ethnicityrantisover*

And I'm sorry, I've been really bonkers since I lost Revenant.
I say weird things and make random comments that have remotely near relevance to what the actual subject is.
Like rock-hard martinis.