Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #1 
PewPewPew

Wink Eee! :D

I just purchased a bunch of new plants from sweetaquatics just noooww! :D Happy birthday to me! <3

I got a bunch of anacharis, some water wisteria, two java ferns, an anubias, some hygriphila angustifolia, two little banana plants (LOL!) all for only $23.20, including shipping :D

Just felt like WOOOHOOing with y'all. Im excited, I love live plants and Im hoping things go well for shipping. I know they had issue in the past, and I leave this dorm in a month, so hopefully it wont take that long! I left a message about it, though, so fingers crossed <3

Eeeeee ;D <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #2 
carzz

YAY!!! Go foliage!
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #3 
monroe0704

That's an awesome price! :D can't wait to see the set up!
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #4 
PewPewPew

Eeee! Im really excited about it. A few of the plants may not like my marble substrate, so I might get a couple of micro terra cotta pots and some gravel and pot them in that for good results :DDDDD

Im excited about those nanner plants. I feel like Im gonna have a serious looooolll at them every time I see them X3 <3
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #5 
FuulieQ

Awesome. :) I have most of those in my five gallon tank (aside from the wisteria and nanners).

Word to the wise - Hygrophila Angustifolia likes very much to grow out of the water. And if you allow it to grow out of said water, it will drop all its aquatic leaves. >:(

It will also flower, but that only happens if you have a lidless setup.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #6 
PewPewPew

Ohh? Hm. If it gets to be too much, Ill probs give some away like I did my hornwort (that stuff was crap. Hate. Hate. Somuchhate!) It was cheap and purrddyyy, I couldnt pass up a plant that likes to grow that was only $1.50 >:B

I think Im most excited for the anubias, since the ones I have (from petsmart tubes) are rediculously dwarf, and even with really rapid growth, at least for anubias, its still only 2 inches tall and maybe 4 inches wide along the rhisome's leaves. Ughhgjskagsdjkgh. So cute though.

Next would be the java fern, since the one I ordered from bob's was a wreck, eaten through, broken up, almost dead and like an inch and a half tall. >:/ It also infected my tank with snails and other gross critters, even after a QT. Sigh.

Do want good plants pls. /_\
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #7 
PewPewPew

Oh, and fuulie, if you have propogates of the hygro that you dont want, Betterbettarescues on fb would gladly take them :D I send my hornwort for their rescue tanks, they appreciate it soo much! :B
Old 04-17-2011, 02:29 AM   #8 
FuulieQ

Oh? That sounds awesome! I actually do have some "babies" and runners that the thing (hygro) has dropped, along with tons of baby java ferns. >_< They're really small right now so I'll probably wait a while for them to grow a bit, though. I have a feeling that the hygro doesn't really like my tank. It drops leaves all over and I'm always fishing them out. >:I

AAAH I love anubias. :B I have like... five of them. My first one has been in my five gallon since I set it up a year ago, it's a good 6" long at the rhizome and the leaves come up four inches! It's still growing, too, got tons of new leaves coming up right now. Have patience. It will become un-tiny and quite striking in all due time. :U

What variety of anubias/ferns did you get?

PS - I just remembered that the plant in my five gallon is giant hygro, not hygro angustifolia. Hygro Angustifolia is in the 10gal. Derp herp. Having two tanks confuses me. 6_9

Last edited by FuulieQ; 04-17-2011 at 02:36 AM.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #9 
JackisLost

I ordered from that site twice. Both times I had to remind them I ordered from them and both times they were "out of said stock" and magically had some after reading my email and are on it's way. You do have to remind them about your order status
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 AM   #10 
PewPewPew

Ohhh, dont worry. If it takes more than a week and a half to hear from them, theyre certainly gonna hear from ME. >;c

And...

Pewpewpew used Hygro!

Fuulie becomes confused!

(please dont hurt yourself please dont hurt yourse-) Fuulie hurt itself in its confusion!

FAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK

>:D Nyegh!

And omg words do not express my jealousy on the baby ferns. Mine are too young to even remove yet, but there is so much want for them. I cant wait. I want to get an xacto knife and slash my anubias' rhisome to make it grow from that slash point. Or remove the propogates. Idk. I just want. Want want want D:<

And I feel your pain. My hornwort was begging to get chucked. I hated it, nettles everryyy where D:< I sent a bit to sweeda (along with snails! <3) and the rest to BBR, and pft. Im still cleaning it.

Never again.

Hornwort:1 Me:-20

:c