Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #11 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Honestly I admit his information doesn't bother me. (Except the tank size thing, of course.) If only he never responded to the comments.... He comes across as a smart-alec and closed-minded.

And I just got done reading a really long comment about tank sizes... basically it was a 1 inch per gallon rule.
And the article writer said this: I have found that logic and reason rarely change anybody's mind. -LA

So what is he saying? That he goes by the 1-inch rule? If so, why the Firey Pit is he still reccommending small tanks?
And if he doesn't go by it, and he's saying that he doesn't see the reason to change his ways or whatever....

Bah, nevermind.
I'm going to ignore his comments now.
I mean, he's obviously not going to budge from his ways.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #12 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
Honestly I admit his information doesn't bother me. (Except the tank size thing, of course.) If only he never responded to the comments.... He comes across as a smart-alec and closed-minded.

And I just got done reading a really long comment about tank sizes... basically it was a 1 inch per gallon rule.
And the article writer said this: I have found that logic and reason rarely change anybody's mind. -LA

So what is he saying? That he goes by the 1-inch rule? If so, why the Firey Pit is he still reccommending small tanks?
And if he doesn't go by it, and he's saying that he doesn't see the reason to change his ways or whatever....

Bah, nevermind.
I'm going to ignore his comments now.
I mean, he's obviously not going to budge from his ways.
I agree he kept the same views since 2006 (based on the comments) goldfish however need way more water then a gallon per inch he also said bettas live 2 years typically. Many people posted on this site theirs lived longer than that some of his comments condridicts the info he provides... meh I posted my views to him guess I should let it go....
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #13 
BlakbirdxGyarados

omg and I have to add one more thing

Article Writer said this to someone's comment about bettas having "intelligence and definite personality": I oppose two groups: 1) Those that equate people with pets (including fish) and 2) *this part isn't important for the quote lol*

Okay
Who said intelligence and personality was equating them with humans?
Can a fish not learn when it's mealtime?
Are they all just 'robot' fish, where they all can Only live alone or Only live with other fish or don't like their reflection, etc.

Jade doesn't care about his reflection.
Uncle wants to kill his reflection.

SO WHAT? :V
Old 04-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #14 
DarkMoon17

It sounds like a waste of time to comment, so many other people have already done so and he obviously isn't going to change his mind. Sadly, I've used his website for years and he has some really good info on other types of fish. But his betta page is depressing. I really have no problem with him showing the pictures of how they are shipped or kept by breeders in Thailand (because that is the truth) but it bugs me that he is so adamant about keeping them in small jars... very sad.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #15 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
I agree he kept the same views since 2006 (based on the comments) goldfish however need way more water then a gallon per inch he also said bettas live 2 years typically. Many people posted on this site theirs lived longer than that some of his comments condridicts the info he provides... meh I posted my views to him guess I should let it go....
Hopefully a person who doesn't know much about bettas won't resort to just his site for info... or at least they'll read the comments.

Also, that's another thing that bothers me (though honestly I kinda skimmed his page, considering it's not that reliable anyway). Bettas can live up to eight years. If he's saying bettas live only two years... isn't that an indication that he's doing something wrong?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #16 
DarkMoon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
Bettas can live up to eight years. If he's saying bettas live only two years... isn't that an indication that he's doing something wrong?
ha that's very true. Sadly most of the people I know who follow his instructions can't get them to live past 2 weeks so...
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #17 
DoNotDeclaw

Man, that one part where he says Since they came in these tiny bags, you know you can keep them in bowls. That fish looks dead.
Elvis loves his large tank. It's so cute the way he zips out from behind the plants or wherever when it's feeding time.
DoNotDeclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #18 
BlakbirdxGyarados

... well, shoot. That just sucks.
For the betta because they only got to live that short amount of time
And for the owner because they apparently aren't researching past his page.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #19 
PewPewPew

"Siamese Fighting Fishes Fight. Some people do keep male bettas together. On the average though, do not try to keep two bettas together -- not even a male and a female. Bettas rarely kill each other. However, they will tear each otherís fins off for entertainment. You usually wind up with two ragged, badly colored bettas. Wounds encourage diseases."

D00d, you so dumb, you so dumb all of the time.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:01 AM   #20 
PewPewPew

Oh, and uh. There are these uh.
These sites uh.
Where you can spam the living crap out of people with fake phone calls uuh.
For free uh.
So uhm.

Im gonna find this Larry fool and call that store non-fahreaking-stop.

You should, too! >;D lol! jkish.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote