Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #1 
Luimeril

King Steve is odd....

so, my niece's new betta has been living in my room for a few days, so i can make sure he's not sick or anything(since my last walmart betta experience went so well ), and he's doing pretty well. he's already started on two bubble nests, and is pretty active and curious. but, i've noticed a few quirks about darling King Steve(yes. you can't call him King, nor Steve. he's King Steve. xD).

first, he hated this one plant. ._____. he'd flare at it, rush at it, and attack it with all his little mite. he'd bite it, and just generally abuse that poor plant. it wasn't colorful at all! it was a normal, green, natural-looking plant. i had to take it out, because he was hating on it so much! he seems happier, now that that Evil plant is gone. ._____o

secondly, i think he's crushing on Caroline. >.>; if i keep the paper between them, he mopes about, clamped, with light stripes. if the paper's not between their tanks, he struts about, stripes gone, fins spread out, and sometimes flares at her(she doesn't really care about him. >.>;). i've never seen this before, in any fish! i think he LIKES having another betta to look at, and doesn't like being alone! o.0 would that mean, he'd be a possible candidate for a community tank?

so, life with King Steve at my elbow, is interesting. he's calmed down alot, and is doing quite well. he seems pretty healthy, other than his very tiny tail. as long as he can see Caroline, he's stripe-free and active. >.>; of course, little does King Steve know, that Caroline only has eyes for Bridget:

(ps: Bridget is a boy. he's from a game, called Guilty Gear. look it up) she really does love that figure! x3

strutting his stuff. he only does this when the paper's not between him and Caroline. poor King Steve.

bubble nest! such a big nest, for such a tiny boy! :d

i've been calling him King Steve, the Psycho King, because of the way he attacked that poor plant. ;A; he really hates it!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #2 
BlakbirdxGyarados

What kind of... plant was it? >>

And he definitely sounds like a community tanker, but I'd experiment first... see how he gets along with a few fish before adding him. Or how he tears them apart. <<;

Edit: What kind of guy is named Bridget and wears something like that?
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #3 
Luimeril

the plant:

see? NOTHING colorful about it! it's just as green as the other plants in his tank, but he doesn't attack them! xD

it's up to mom, what kinda tank we get for King Steve. since he's my nieces, he might have to settle for a 1.5 similar to Caroline's, and live in the living room. or, he could go in the 10 gallon with some little fish. all up to mom~

according to his back story, or what i know about it, he was born into a village that thought of twin boys as evil. since he was born a twin, and had a brother, his mother, desperate to save him, named him Bridget, dressed him like a girl, and raised him like a girl. ._____o *shrugs*
Old 04-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #4 
BlakbirdxGyarados

looks like an imitation of a java fern... wait that's not right... uh... a ... ... shoot, I have a ton of those plants, too. SWORD PLANT. That. That ther... I wonder if he just doesn't like them...? Bad experience? >>

And thaaat makes sense. The backstory thing... I guess... ... *laughs while looking away*
Old 04-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #5 
Luimeril

he seems fine now. o.o very social. totally adorable. :d i'm thinking about talking to mom, and setting the 10 gallon up for him, and maybe some neons or cory cats. :d whatcha think?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 AM   #6 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Sounds good to me.
Funny he's fine now... maybe it was new home jitters?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #7 
Luimeril

:d since i took that plant out, and let him see Caroline during the day, he's fine. such an odd, social fishie. o.o
Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #8 
beta novice

ihad mine with some mollies and platies they were tiny but my kisame never beat them up i also had my male and female in the same tank i dont reccomend but he acted like such a scaridy cat
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #9 
Luimeril

well, once i talk mom into it, King Steve is going into the 10 gallon, and my niece is wanting to buy him some Neons for friends. until then, he's chilling with me and Caroline, trying to flirt with her, and acting big and bad(though he's so shy and scared when the paper's between them!)
Old 04-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #10 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Ladies man, is he, Luimeril? xD