Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #21 
Neil D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyjas16 View Post
I have been a vegetarian since I was 13. I cut out turkey and pig and got used to that for a couple weeks then I cut out chicken. Hamburger was the hardest because it was in so much stuff but I finally did it. I have thought about becoming vegan a few times and attempted it once but it was a big fail. haha
My fiance has become a vegetarian also, has been for 6 months. He just stopped eating it all together! He still gets major cravings for hot wings though but hes a veggie for life. =]

Why are wings so good?!?!?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #22 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyjas16 View Post
I have been a vegetarian since I was 13. I cut out turkey and pig and got used to that for a couple weeks then I cut out chicken. Hamburger was the hardest because it was in so much stuff but I finally did it. I have thought about becoming vegan a few times and attempted it once but it was a big fail. haha
My fiance has become a vegetarian also, has been for 6 months. He just stopped eating it all together! He still gets major cravings for hot wings though but hes a veggie for life. =] Good Luck!

Oh and Poptarts have gelatin and some skittles, and candy corn you have to learn to read the lables of everythingggg. Some gum and mints also have it. People offer me food and I will not eat it unless I see whats in it first, just to be safe.
Skittles are now gelatin free..

...I don't have a sweet tooth or anything...

Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #23 
Nyjas16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
Skittles are now gelatin free..

...I don't have a sweet tooth or anything...

Thats what I have been seeing but I still pick up a package in the store once in a while to see it be old and have gelatin. Thats why I said some skittles =P
Nyjas16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #24 
Pekemom

I have to say that eating chicken wings completely disgust me. Think about what that is - it's revolting. And honestly, my husband is a chicken wing lover. I have to leave the room rather than watch him eat the arms off of a dead bird...Seriously...
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #25 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemom View Post
I have to say that eating chicken wings completely disgust me. Think about what that is - it's revolting. And honestly, my husband is a chicken wing lover. I have to leave the room rather than watch him eat the arms off of a dead bird...Seriously...
I agree. Wings are such a part of what birds are, in a way it is like eating part of their soul. Just the way Shark fin soup is so popular in Japan, the fins are like part of the shark's soul! They define who they are :/

I am SO happy I have taken this step. I am really excited for the veg-filled road ahead of me :)
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #26 
Bettacaleb

i tried being veg but it was 2 hard and sry about this but i cant get rid of chili cheese dogs they are 2 uber
Bettacaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

There are a lot of things I couldn't give up, either but I admire those who are Vegetarian and Vegan. Good for you for having a healthy lifestyle.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #28 
Neil D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
There are a lot of things I couldn't give up, either but I admire those who are Vegetarian and Vegan. Good for you for having a healthy lifestyle.
It may be healthy if you compare it to 2 big macs daily, but if you eat an oven baked chicken breast, or something, it is really healthy. The K9 s (insissors) humans have is a perfect example. It proves that humans are supposed to eat meat. Vegetarian is a life style choice. My problem is how they kill and how much people kill the animals.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #29 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettacaleb View Post
i tried being veg but it was 2 hard and sry about this but i cant get rid of chili cheese dogs they are 2 uber
Hot Dogs are delicious yes, but extremely unhealthy. Plus, it isn't hard be a vegetarian to do if you thank of the lives you will be saving. There are veggie hotdogs which taste just as great.

What is uber to me is a healthy heart and a happy, living pig :)
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #30 
Dragonlady

I grew up in a vegetarian household, and my parents and sister are still vegans. My daughter has decided on her own to be a vegetarian, even though I am not a strict vegan anymore.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote