Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #1 
luluo

What is wrong with people? Also a fish transport question.

I was looking on CL for aquariums and found an ad selling a setup with 3 mollies and 2 danios. The person said that if they weren't rehomed by Sunday then they'd be flushed because s/he is moving out of state. WTH?

I responded, hoping that maybe I can still get them if no one else has rescued them. Haven't heard back yet. I have no idea about mollies or danios, but maybe with me the'd still have a chance. I guess it's better than being flushed.

Do you think if I put them in bags and then saved half of the aquarium water and then set them up as soon as I got home that they'd be okay? I asked the person for a pic. I don't even know what kind of setup they have, other than it is a 10 gallon.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

I think they'd be fine. If they're away from an owner who doesn't even care about them then I think so.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #3 
BlueHaven

Has she replied back yet?
I hope you can get them!
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #4 
luluo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaven View Post
Has she replied back yet?
I hope you can get them!
Nope. No reply. I'm hoping that means that someone got them already. But, it's still early here so I'll keep checking my email just in case.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #5 
luluo

Well, I'm going to get them after lunch. Could use some positive thoughts that they survive the car trip.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #6 
LolaQuigs

Good luck! I'm glad you could save them from being flushed!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #7 
BlueHaven

Best of wishes, everything should turn out great!
^_^
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #8 
luluo

Update: There are 2 orange mollies and 2 zebra danios. They are in their ten gallon in my living room. They came with a hood, in-tank filter, air stone, some plastic plants and a couple of ornaments and about 1 inch of gravel. They don't have a heater and the temp is at about 72. I don't know what kind of flake food they were feeding because it isn't in the original container.

Ammonia and Nitrite are good but Nitrates are 160 ppm - Ack! I did about a 20% water change today and will see if doing a good vacuuming and several small water changes start to bring that down.

Even though the fish look good to me, everything is kind of gross so, off I go to petsmart tomorrow. Gotta get:

Heater
New airstone
Food
Silk plants to add to their current plastic ones. I'll take those out once the silk ones have been in there for a while.
A cave or tunnel or two
New hood
Thermometer
I'm going to replace the in-tank filter with an extra HOB filter that I have. I should be able to fit the old bio-filter in the new HOB but I need to double check that tomorrow.

The kids are having fun watching them swim around really fast. D'Argo is so graceful and these new guys are very zippy. The Danios are curious and the Mollies are shy. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.