Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #3531 
rosefoo

My best friend used to be homeschooled. They would also meet in groups every once and a while. When they were younger their recess consisted of walking around the building once o_O
rosefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #3532 
elegantlyunsophisticated

O_o my parents would probably disown me after a session or two of homeschool XP

a friend of mine is really starting to tick me off. I've known her since 7th grade when I started going to this private school. Now, she's been going to private schools her whole life and has never known anything different. I, on the other hand, have been going to public school my whole life and still feel different in this rigorous private school. Today at lunch she made the comment that the school somebody starts out in sets their path for life. I was fuming at this, absolutely raging. I went to schools that didn't teach me squat, making me fall behind at the private school. I worked my way up and taught myself a lot of things and like to think I'm doing well. But according to her, I'm not and I never will be. She never has and never will experience the class of 45 kids with one teacher who used to be a housepainter and doesn't give a damn about math.
elegantlyunsophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #3533 
Neil D

I've dealt with the "condescending" private school kids. I also now go to a private school. It's more challenging. It helps to remember what makes the private school good and why you go there in the first place.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #3534 
fishman12

I go to a public.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #3535 
elegantlyunsophisticated

it's kind of annoying X| I hate how they think I'm somehow lesser or I won't get stuff all the time in classes.
on the other hand, same girl frantically messaged me on fb that their betta was dying. Turns out he was in an unheated tank filled with bottled water, she had just refilled the tank with chilly bottled water. I told them to use tap water and the water conditioner that they use for their other fish asap. She did that and also said that they put a heater in. Hopefully the little guy gets better.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #3536 
Betta Slave

If you all don't mind, I think I'm going to revive this thread. XD It's been out too long. Aaaaaaand I hope you all don't mind that I post my day here. It's too... teen-ish for the "So what are you up to?" thread... XD

I HAD AN AWESOME DAY.

And I asked a guy out and he said yes and we're kind of texting now (I mean we have for quite a while but... yeah...) and I'm happeh :3

Last edited by Betta Slave; 01-26-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling error >.>
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #3537 
dramaqueen
Banned

Betta Slave has a boyfriend, Betta Slave has a boyfriend... lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #3538 
Betta Slave

Heh. XD Not quite. :3 But my day has been made.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #3539 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #3540 
elegantlyunsophisticated

awesome Betta Slave!! I knew you could do it :3 (thanks very much for reviving the thread, I feel like my rants knocked it out)
I have a feeshy issue (fishue?) my boys Dovahkiin and Buckminster live in a divided tank, I just put Dovie in after having Buckmin on one side of the divider for a week or so until I made sure it was secure. Now both of these guys haven't seen other bettas in a while and unlike my peaceful, dopey little Casper, they care very much that there is another fish in their tank. I've made a bit of a hedge with anacharis, a purple leafed plant, some wisteria, and a bamboo but they can still see each other and are sticking their faces through the gaps to get at each other. Will this pass? Or do I have to make some kind of opaque divider for them?

Tags
ಠ_ಠ dat face, +1 to niall :d, bloo was here, dobby likes socks, dolphins!, dq is the best mod, dq tags are lies, draco likes pliers, ewe i feel like a walrus, feed me, fishman is back!, guinea pig, harry's hair is pillow, i hate haters, i know where you live..., i like teenagers!, i like trains!, i love harry styles, lol. somebody likes me., neil is nice. :), niall horan is awesome!, niall is my husband!!!!, nutella, splee, whale