Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #3661 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You're not allowed to drink on Acutane? Uhhhhh okay pretty sure I realize why my friend was having such bad side effects. D:

Anyways, here's an odd one. My parents made up that sitting in the sun will "burn" away my acne. Half an hour of direct sunlight every day... And well it did. :s I wasn't on any meds at the time since you shouldn't be in direct sun on them, but my god I was shocked that it worked.
I have no idea if there's any science behind that but it worked for me.
Some people put lemon juice on their faces but I think it can get stuck in your pores more. My herb book does talk about it working.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #3662 
Neil D

My mom swears by drinking lemon juice.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #3663 
Micho

Yeah you can't, since while you're on Accutane you're liver is taking a pounding, and drinking while taking it, well, let just say you might end up with an alcoholic's liver even though you're not one yourself.

To be honest, acne for everyone is different, my sister has really bad acne as well and hers is like deep in her skin, there's actually no bump, and it's all red. Her friend has the same kind of acne too and she tried Accutane twice and it didn't work for her. Acne sucks.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #3664 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea I get bumps, and cysts, they are like humongous bumps, you can't see them cause they're skin colour but you can feel them and it's gross. You can't get them out without medicine because they're so big...
I've seen that flat looking acne too. One kid at my school has it on his face, don't know him but it's pretty noticeable. He has tons of acne scars, looks like he tries to scratch them out.
It's so sad really. Makes you not want to go outside in the morning. :/

My doctor also told me to try proactive (never did). But he told me the active ingredient in it, sure you can find it on google, and you can buy it at the pharmacy for 1/3 of the price without the brand name. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #3665 
Micho

I actually get pretty annoyed with acne product commercials like Proactiv, simply because the people on there are like "I used to have severe acne. . .", and it shows their face and their acne is not severe at all, it's probably like mild acne, it's just a few small zits that appeared probably because they didn't wash their face. c:<

I actually wasn't aware that my acne was so bad until people starting to point them out, then I got self-concious. And really, commercially sold acne products won't work if you have severe acne issues. Best to go to your doctor first before wasting money on Proactiv.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #3666 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Lol Katy Perry talking about how proactive changed her life!

Yea, being self conscious is not worth it. You're supposed to go out and have fun when you're young.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #3667 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with you, Olympia.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #3668 
TheBlueBettaFish

Heyy..just cleaned Red's tank. Such grueling work...mwahahah
TheBlueBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #3669 
Neil D

LOL anyone know any cheap sites where I can get an aqueon water changer?

And I hate it when people with NO acne point it out on my face. Do you have any idea how bad it makes you feel? Like seriously.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #3670 
dramaqueen
Banned

That is rude! Tell them to mind their own business. A lot of teens already have self image problems. Why add to it with rude comments?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ಠ_ಠ dat face, +1 to niall :d, bloo was here, dobby likes socks, dolphins!, dq is the best mod, dq tags are lies, draco likes pliers, ewe i feel like a walrus, feed me, fishman is back!, guinea pig, harry's hair is pillow, i hate haters, i know where you live..., i like teenagers!, i like trains!, i love harry styles, lol. somebody likes me., neil is nice. :), niall horan is awesome!, niall is my husband!!!!, nutella, splee, whale