Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #1 
bettarainbow

$50 dragon hmplakat male

Hello everyone, i am new in this forum. I am very into dragon scale at this moment and i was looking for few males either black or mix color to pair with my female red dragon. I bought a pair red dragon from aquabid from a Thai seller but the male died 2 weeks later .
I am looking for a local seller cause i just dont want to pay for extra fee and wait forever for the transhipper to ship my fish to me. I waited 3 weeks just to get that pair and now the male died and the breeder would not refund or replace that fish back to me.
Anyway, i have been looking around and found some but not sure which one to pick then i found that red black dragon hmplakat from that website but the price is quite expensive.
I would like to know what you think of this fish and his price, do you think that fish worse this price ? Do you think i should get that fish or not ?
Here is the link http://http://thumbs.webs.com/Member...400&size=large
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #2 
roypattonphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettarainbow View Post
Hello everyone, i am new in this forum. I am very into dragon scale at this moment and i was looking for few males either black or mix color to pair with my female red dragon. I bought a pair red dragon from aquabid from a Thai seller but the male died 2 weeks later .
I am looking for a local seller cause i just dont want to pay for extra fee and wait forever for the transhipper to ship my fish to me. I waited 3 weeks just to get that pair and now the male died and the breeder would not refund or replace that fish back to me.
Anyway, i have been looking around and found some but not sure which one to pick then i found that red black dragon hmplakat from that website but the price is quite expensive.
I would like to know what you think of this fish and his price, do you think that fish worse this price ? Do you think i should get that fish or not ?
Here is the link http://http://thumbs.webs.com/Member...400&size=large

sorry for the lost

what part of california are u in ?
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #3 
Pekemom

I can't believe the thai seller wouldn't refund or at least credit your money, when the fish died in two weeks. I hope you reviewed him poorly for other buyers to see...
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #4 
turtle10

How did you acclimate the fish?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #5 
bettarainbow

I am from Fresno, Ca.
Well, i gave him a positive feedback cause the pairs were really nice. The seller said he wont replace or do a refund because the male did not died at arrival when it was ship out from the transhipper.
Since he last only 2 weeks i though maybe the seller will do something about it.

I put the male in a 10 gallons tank with heater, some live plants, some hidding spots and a filter. There is no other fishs in the tank with him.
Oh well, i decided to buy that male for $50.00, just look like the picture posted by the breeder. I got him from a local breeder, i will post the picture soon.
bettarainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #6 
turtle10

But how did you acclimate him? Did you just put him into the new water? If so, that is probably how he died.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #7 
Burd

It's not enough to put your betta in the tank right off and hope he does well. Have you read/looked up the nitrogen cycle? I didn't and panicked when I found out about it. Thankfully I managed to avoid the very mistake it sounds like you could have made.

Here you go, in case you don't know about it: The Nitrogen Cycle
If this is the case, that sounds to be exactly how he died.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote