Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #1 
monroe0704

Tricolor DT Pair for a lucky forum member!

I hate making tons of threads, but I want these guys to get noticed!

I have another pair available! :D

I had been nursing my Tricolor DT, Helix (5.5 months old), back to health after he attacked his tail and left a stump where his beautiful fins were :( I feel comfortable finding him a new home now! He won't be able to be bred right away since he still has a bit more healing to do... but he's making fast progress now. I've found that he prefers a smaller home (2.5 gallons) with at most 1 neighbor. He ate his tail when I moved him to the 10 gal divided and hasn't touched it in the 5 gal divided. It's odd since they're more or less the same size hah.. maybe 2 neighbors were more than he could handle, although he was on the side, not the middle... LOL

His sibling, Veil, is larger than him, so breeding the two may be tricky. I can always sell them both separately as pets, or help someone locate a suitable female for him off AB :)

Asking $30 for the pair... I can bargain, and that includes shipping (priority). Please PM if you're interested! Tell me a little about about their future homes and spawning set up if you plan to spawn him. Anyways here's some recent pics! I've included the original pic of him to show how amazing his finnage is!

He's oh so cute! Look at that little face :)) bah sorry for the crazy lighting, it looks weird and dirty :(

You can check out Veil in my album on my profile!
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #2 
Gizmothefreaky

oh my goodness! What a beauty, its a shame i dont have a spot for him (or the female) because if i did, i would snatch him up real quick. XD
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #3 
Tisia

the more I'm on this site, the more I wish I had the money/time/space to breed, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #4 
Johnificent

he.... is.... GORGEOUS :O i really wish i could have him... but i've got 6 bettas, and thats way over the line for my parents, hahahahha XDDD hopefully they wont force me to give some away... :P i hope those fish get a great home! XD
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #5 
laughing

I'm super interested in more females... Do you have any for a really good deal? I'm on a budget (my mom thinks I should spend $3 for every girl b/c that's how much PetCo girls cost >:[ ).

I have a 20 gallon with lighted hood, heater, and filter. It has river rock kind of substrate and is a "tall" tank. I'm planting it. Right now the plan is a LOT of val to make it look like super grassy with a large piece of driftwood in the middle with either moss or anubias on it. It will be a sorority.

Thanks(:
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #6 
Emmalea

Gahh, why aren't you in Canada?
The male is lovely, whoever gets them is super lucky to be getting such nice fish at that price.
I think it's super sweet of you to be offering them to forum members at such a great price, I bet the get snapped up quick.
Emmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #7 
tracyalexa

WOW!! I am in Mass......hmmm. He reminds me of my Cortencia.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #8 
beta novice

beautiful fish
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #9 
StarvingPoet

Canada ... *pout*

I agree with Emmalea! We need people like you in Canada! (BC would be even better). Why? Why must all the pretty fishies be in the US?! You guys are so lucky.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #10 
beta novice

i wish i could get him
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote