Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #1 
carzz

Okay, new tank

I just bought a tank from my friend. She no longer wants fish, so when they are gone, that's it. Kinda sad, but good news for me!!! :)
So the tank came from walmart, its round and it bubbles and lights up different colors... Pretty.
I can't decide who gets it. It's just bubbling away right now. No fish. Nick or Benny. I am dying to get more tanks!!!
Sometimes I wish I only had two or three fish. I wouldn't mind going out and buying them their own tank then. But with ten, and working on min.wage, things get a little tight.
So I was thinking, what about putting three girls in this three gallon tank? And I would love to! But I can't....
I know that girls can go together, but I am just too worried!!! So nope. They get their own bowls right now. :) So I want to get a ten gallon, and put three males in there. I've seen some other peoples pics, with four in a ten gal, but they look kinda cramped.... So I'm staying with three. Then I will have 5 females and one male.
:(
I love my fish, but why soo many?! AHH
I could kick myself sometimes.
I want them to be happy, but I will never own this many fish again, it's too hard. So I am hesitant buying sooo much fish room.
So here is a question:
WHAT DO I DO!!! HELP
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #2 
dew

The divided ten gallon sounds fine.
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #3 
LittleNibbles93

You can divide the 10g by 2 or 3, or, you can put your 5 girls in the 10g and make a sorority, and spoil your boys with they're own tanks. If you want to do that, its whatever works best for you.
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #4 
Pekemom

Carzz~ Have you considered giving some of your fish away? It sounds like it's a stressful situation for you. As long as they go to good homes, that could be your best overall solution.
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #5 
artes

Give the 3 gallon to the one who looks the most cramped in his tank. I would then put all the girls in the 10 gallon, and then work on slowly upgrading each boy's tank. As long as they're healthy now, I wouldn't be too worried about them. :)
artes is offline   Reply With Quote