Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #1 
newarkhiphop

how much "interaction" do bettas need?

i ask because my fish spends a good part of the day in my room basically with out seeing anybody and he is the only one in his tank, am in the room bout 3-4 hours a day max, rest of the time besides his feeding time he alone
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #2 
Harley

When I'm not home as much or working (I work 12 hour shifts and then sleep for 8 hours) I put a different picture (or CD case) beside Harley's tank to give him new scenery. Yah, maybe I'm crazy but he doesn't complain about it. He's glad to see me when I get home though, probably just for the food
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #3 
Pekemom

Hi, Newark~

That's a good question. I'm not sure of the answer, so I'll defer to the experts. My betta is on my kitchen counter between the kitchen and the living room. She is around alot of activity during the daytime between my husband and myself (our kitchen sees alot of activity!!)

Your red betta is absolutely gorgeous and I love your tank, too. Great job - and he sure looks happy and healthy.
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #4 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemom View Post
Hi, Newark~

That's a good question. I'm not sure of the answer, so I'll defer to the experts. My betta is on my kitchen counter between the kitchen and the living room. She is around alot of activity during the daytime between my husband and myself (our kitchen sees alot of activity!!)

Your red betta is absolutely gorgeous and I love your tank, too. Great job - and he sure looks happy and healthy.
thank you yea whenever am in the room i try "play" with him as much as possible. am going to change up his aquarium that you kind of see in the pic takes up too much space for his 1 gallon home, although he swims around n through it , am switching him to a nice black n white setup which ill post pics up when done
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #5 
lalalaura

My divided betta tank is in my bedroom also and I am not in there very often. When I wake up in the morning I feed them and then a few times throughout the day I go in and look at them and put my finger onto the glass and mess with them :P. They have each other to look at so I don't think they get too bored. Whenever i look at them they are ALWAYS doing something. Swimming along the glass, through plants, building bubble nests. I think they are happy as long as there is some sort of movement around them.

My other betta lives on the kitchen counter and goes nuts when people are near him. He swims all around his tank, especially on the side of the tank where the people are. And he opens up his fins, not flaring though, to show you how beautiful he is!

I personally think if you interact with them often, more of their personality comes out.
lalalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #6 
Arashi Takamine

I spend a lot of time when I'm in my living room by my betta's talking to them sneaking them little snacks and generally just watching them. Aki really has become my baby though. He's spoiled rotten. He's always doing wiggle dances plays around and just seems to have a lot of fun in his tank. Maka gets a lot of traffic as they're both in the living room so they see a lot of activity. Mostly from my dad. Maka would always swim up to the glass whenever he walked by when we first brought her home....

Now she swims up to me. ;) I think as long as they get interaction of any form they'll be happy.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote