Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #1 
n3wport

My new fish used to be so active and swam around and eat, now.. (plus cute pix)

He just sits on his leaf hammock and blows bubble nests all over it. He doesn't want to eat and just sits there and flares :( for 3 days!
When will this phase end!!

Also: quick question, I wanted to get a little tank mate for my betta, he is in a 5 gallon tank with a fliter and light, silk pants. If I got an apple snail what would it eat? There is no aleage, would it eat left over food? I dont want anyone to be hungry!
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #2 
Tisia

mine loves frozen brine shrimp, lol. you can also get them the algae wafer type things, or you can just blanch some veggies for them and throw those in. I know spinach and kale are good since they have a lot of calcium which they need for their shells. I've also done zucchini and potato, and if you have live plants that are dying he'll clean those up for you too
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #3 
Littlebittyfish

my snail eats just about anything...He loves blanched collard greens..which is nice for me because I have huuuuge collard greens growing in my garden and i'm not too crazy about them.
He also likes carrots..romaine lettuce and spinach..and algae wafers...I have even seen him eat some sinking shrimp pellets that are for my corydoras.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #4 
bettafish15

Him sitting by his bubblenest is normal. He thinks hes watching for falling eggs or something. It's a betta thing, mine did it until the bubblenest popped by itself or I did a water change which destroyed it. He's just being a goof :P If his inactivity bothers you that much, destroy the nest.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #5 
n3wport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
Him sitting by his bubblenest is normal. He thinks hes watching for falling eggs or something. It's a betta thing, mine did it until the bubblenest popped by itself or I did a water change which destroyed it. He's just being a goof :P If his inactivity bothers you that much, destroy the nest.

haha he is such a goof! Hes so funny. But I wouldnt destory it, he is probably proud thats why he sits near it all the time! As long as he eats I dont care what he does!
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #6 
Littlebittyfish

I always feel so bad and I try really hard not to mess up the bubble nests during partial water changes.. They look so upset when they get destroyed.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #7 
Neil D

Mine hasn't blown one yet
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote