Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

Breeding Guppies!

I decided to start breeding guppies. I'm starting with some regular ol pet store delta guppies but they're BLACK!! Here they are:

MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #2 
TaylorW

Aww, I like guppies, they're so cute! :) Good luck breeding them! :)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #3 
iheartmybettas

If you breed bettas then guppies will be a walk in the park. We have like 40 baby fancy guppies right now because we put 8 males and 9 females in a tank together. I think if a male and female guppy even look at each other the female gets pregnant. Haha! We aren't really sure what we are going to do now though. My husband want to use them to feed our Oscar but I just can't do it! :(

Your breeding will probably be more professional than ours was. Good luck!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #4 
guppygirl01

Nice! I decided to start breeding them 6 months ago. I'm selective breeding.That's what I call it at least. I'm choosing females for my males to breed. I lost all of my guppies because some how they died at the same time. I'm going to get 2 males and a 10 gallon tank tomorrow. I am getting four females. What I'll do Is keep my males in a fish bowl I have. When I want a certain female bred to a certain male, I'll take her out of the tank, take the male I don't want and put him in a vase for the night and keep the female with the male over night. Then back in the tank she goes and the other male comes back to the fish bowl. I had a pet guppy a long time ago and he did fine it a bowl. That is why I think the males will do fine in the bowl. And I should warn you, guppies breed if introduced to a male for like 20 minutes possibly and the female can store sperm for 6 months and maybe more so don't worry about putting her back in with a male after she drops. She'll stay pregnant anyways.
guppygirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #5 
vaygirl

Yeah, they'll just keep breeding and breeding and breeding. That bit about eating their own young? Only happens if you don't want it to. :P They breed something like every 30 days?

Good luck Mr. V!!!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote