Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #1 
laughing

What was your "super awesome" moment this week?

I had an AMAZING week!

Tuesday I saw Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Travis Barker, & Rick Ross (many others, too!) in concert!! It was AWESOME. I'm still on a high from it! I found it really exciting especially since they aren't anything like I expected. Like Lil Wayne isn't that short. (For those who know him!) And they were really inspirational and motivating everyone and talking about faith in God, not being all "ghetto Mr. Gangster" or whatever! (pic of my new shirt included!)

Name:  shirt.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  16.9 KB

And today was just wonderful as well! I was out at the barn (my horse was being a total derp!!) and met a brilliantly nice lady. One of her horses is stabled next to mine and I asked her about him and he's a Mustang named "Dartanio"! Later I offered her some help with her stalls (she had a bunch of kids with her and they were sitting in the van for like 10 mins) and she agreed. She then asked if my friend and I wanted to ride her horses bareback! I rode this beautiful Arab X Saddlebred mare who looks 100% Arab super "typey" (for those who don't know what I mean, I'll include a typey Arab pic!). I rode her at a walk for some time then she broke out into a full on canter (for those who don't know what THAT is, it's like running!) and it was sooo smooth I could barely feel her under me! So there I was, cantering (almost galloping) on this amazing Arab bareback!! The woman then offered her cell number for us to call whenever we're out there and she'd be happy to let us ride them! (The horse we're working with is in training and can't be ridden bareback just yet.)

Name:  s_omelbandeiras_head_sm.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  7.7 KB

Tomorrow morning is my mom's birthday so I'm taking her out to breakfast. Then what?! Heading on over to Cali! 4 day weekend for me! Forget about Friday college class, I'm GONE!

Let's hear your stories! I just love hearing people's weeks have gone great as well!!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #2 
fleetfish

I've already posted this, but my super awesome moment was surprising a young Cooper's Hawk in the bushes. It hopped out of the bushes about five feet away, gave me the Stink Eye Of Death, then flew majestically into a neighbour's yard. It was one of those beautiful moments of Nature. I'm kind of humbled. Because no one can beat a hawk in a stare down. No one. Not even another hawk. Yep. Quite awesome. Aaannnd I'm rambling. :)
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #3 
laughing

LOL. Hawks are pretty cool and then they give you that look and you're all "well I'm sorry!". You're right, NO ONE!! :D
Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #4 
Abby

hmm last week was good then this week was shaping up nicely then took a down hill turn.
Last week i went out with mates ad had a few drinks. then spent time at the farm didnt ride too wet, but the horses are looking good. then this week i made plans to go back and see a movie with my mates on thursday.....weds caela jumped out of the tank O.O and then my bfs dad was in a car accident wedensday night. so we have been running around organising paperwork for him to do the insurance and all (car was Tboned by a young driver going over twice the speed limit, he didnt even try to stop) the cars a write off so now were with out a car for prob 2 months or more?
HOPEFULLY hes being discharged tonight but so far i dont think he will be. hes been in 2 nights all that were told is all tests are clear hes ok just a little burn on his arm from the seatbelts sudden stopping him and a lot of bruising.
but hes currently "NIL BY MOUTH" meaning hes not allowed to take anythin in via the mouth, hes on a constnt drip he is now waiting on drs to check him again and what not. were at home waiting for him to call us and let us know whats happening (if hes being sent home or not)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #5 
laughing

I live in Arizona, it's never too wet! ;) (Well, sometimes, but rarely!)

Gosh dang, there was no super awesome moment there. That seems incredibly depressing. I hope he'll be alright! I never understood why everyone thinks it's okay to recklessly drive... Like texting and driving, really? I can't believe TWICE the speedlimit... Most speedlimits are 45 here so that's crazy to me! O.O