Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #21 
Tisia

I'm starting to really want one of these tanks now looking at the pictures, lol
I saw one on craigslist recently but it's already gone >_<
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #22 
LolaQuigs

A 6.6 bookshelf tank would be so wonderful for a betta; a long shallow tank is the perfect environment for them. I'd love one if I had the space for another tank.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #23 
c4talys7

I love what you all have done with your tanks! They look amazing! I can't wait to get a couple back home and get them set up.
c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #24 
demonr6

I will correct myself, the light may not be bad and the bulb can be changed. What I do not like is that is sits literally on top of the water unless you lower your water level two or three inches then it is a moot point but I like my water level almost to the rim. Where the light sits it leaves about a half inch of clearance and imo it is way too close with a planted tank like I have, In my situation this does not work out for the best so having an elevated light is better for me. When I was using it, it worked just fine. It did not burst into flames which is commendable, just not the ideal light for all situations.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #25 
avbprincess

demonr6, thanks for clarifying why the light doesn't work for you. That definitely makes sense. As I don't have a planted tank, I like that the light is situated where it is.
avbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #26 
demonr6

I probably could have been more informative explaining why vs. saying it simply stinks. :)

It would have been nice if the light was elevated and I am sure I could head out to Lowe's or Depot and come up with some DIY solution but then I can simply look for a different alternative rather than go through the headache. A DIY may be really simple but not the path some people choose when upgrading may be the better option.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote