Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #1 
Harley

Unhappy Water, water, almost everywhere...

So the Top Fin 10 filter I got with my starter kit died (waiting for warranty) so I reseached a bit and saw good reviews on the Aquaclear 20, except one person out of a bunch mentioned they came home to water all over their floor. Guess what? It happened to me too , that figures as I have the worst luck. When I got home there was about 2 gallons on the floor and the shelf. Needless to say I'm not overly excited about Hagen right now. Any other filter suggestions for a 10 gallon? I previously bought a Fluval U1 but didn't like the fact that I would have to take the top off my aquarium to adjust the flow rate as theres not enough room to get my hand in. I'm possibly thinking about the Marina SLIM POWER FILTER (I know its also Hagen), anybody out there with one?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #2 
DoNotDeclaw

That sucks, water spreads everywhere. Any idea where the water came out of? That's the kind I have.
DoNotDeclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #3 
Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotDeclaw View Post
That sucks, water spreads everywhere. Any idea where the water came out of? That's the kind I have.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe it was on the back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Harley; 04-20-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #4 
SmokeNLark

My top fin 10 died really quickly too. I replaced it with the aquaclear 20 as well and am very happy with it. if the warranty replaces it for free, I'd try the same one again.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #5 
luluo

I use a Toms Rapids Power Filter. It has adjustable flow.

http://www.aquariumguys.com/rapids-p...ter-pf-80.html
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #6 
Kaylin

I use an AquaTech that you can pick up at Walmart, but I've heard mixed reviews on them.
Some people say they're great, others don't. For me, it's what came with my starter tanks, and I bought an extra one for my Goldfish tank. I happen to like them, but other's won't.

~Kaylin
Kaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #7 
Littlebittyfish

I also have an aquatech..I got it from walmart and it was only about 11 dollars.I also have an aqueon which I like..however..the aqueon has a very strong flow and it is non adjustable..I had to sponge AND bottle baffle it. haha It does clean the tank nicely though i think.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #8 
Lion Mom

"I'm possibly thinking about the Marina SLIM POWER FILTER (I know its also Hagen), anybody out there with one?"

Are you talking about the Marina i25 Internal filter? If so, I have 6 of them & they are TERRIFIC, IMO!!!

A couple things - I don't use the carbon cartridge that comes with them. I shove a piece of aquarium sponge/foam in there instead. Also, I have found that you can actually submerge them TOTALLY & it creates less movement which my guys like. :)

Sorry to hear about your AquaClear - they are usually very reliable.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 AM   #9 
Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
"I'm possibly thinking about the Marina SLIM POWER FILTER (I know its also Hagen), anybody out there with one?"
Are you talking about the Marina i25 Internal filter?
Thanks. I looked at the i25 but it was only good for 6.6g so I didn't get it. They didn't have the next size up. I still think the Aquaclear was a nice filter but I just wouldn't sleep at night knowing I might come home to a flooded house again. It wasn't fun to clean up. I ended up getting the Tetra Whisper 10i. It has mixed reviews as well but mostly lated to its size. I'll still have to get my hands wet, but I needed something quick.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:03 AM   #10 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
I have been looking at that Marina Slim HOB Filter for awhile. Haven't ordered it, yet..Still looking. I am currently using a Marina i25 internal filter in my 10 gallon..Works perfect. But, my 10 gallon only houses 1 Betta of whom is living in an artificial world. Because of these conditions in the 10 gallon the Marina i25 works perfect..even though it is rated for just up to 6.6 gallons. My 10 gallon came with an Aqueon HOB filter. I didn't like it so I just used the Marina i25 that I had.
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote