Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #1 
tokala

!!!My minions have arrived!!!!

Well, the good news is that early this morning, my 3 AB boys arrived!

The bad news is, Goose, my GIANT black dragon betta that I was ooooohhh so excited about, was DOA! I am soooooooo bummed out, and quite honestly angry. The bag he was in was SMALLER than the tiny bags that my other 2 boys were in. And I was stunned at his SIZE! You know the big guys you see at Petco? I would put money on it that Goose is a little over twice their size! I have NEVER seen a giant that big. His body alone was 3.5 inches. Which is probably why he was about a 100.00 fish with everything combined. Ugh... SOOOOOO bummed!

Well, This means that the two boys that did make it (who are super spunky!) get a 10 gal now divided only once. Spoiled boys! I took an hour to introduce them to the light, and they are now starting their acclimation process. I plan to take 12 hours this time. Here are some teaser photos! I think I have names picked out but if anyone has a good suggestion let me know!
Attached Images

tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #2 
iheartmybettas

Ah man! I am so sorry!!!

Your 2 boys are very pretty!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #3 
fleetfish

So sorry about Goose :( I was looking forward to seeing him.
Your other guys are truly gorgeous!
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #4 
bettafish15

Your guys are really good-lookin'! Too bad about the third D: Because he was DOA, can you get a refund, or maybe another fish?
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #5 
tokala

Thanks guys! The little koi is already flaring at my finger haha. I love him!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #6 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
Your guys are really good-lookin'! Too bad about the third D: Because he was DOA, can you get a refund, or maybe another fish?
I really hope so. On his AB site he says that if you take a picture within a few hours of getting the fish he will refund. However, I really struggled with contact during this whole process and hope he pulls through on the refund. I took picts and sent all the tracking info to prove the date and time he arrived, alone with dates on the picts. We will see!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #7 
beta novice

good luck nice fish
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, I'm so so so sorry Goose was DOA! :( I know you were very excited about him, especially! But yay, the other two are spoiled. :) They look gorgeous! What names were you thinking? I'd name the colorful blue/black/white one... Marina? Sorry, totally blank. The other one... pumpkin, stripe, anaranjado, Peaches. IK, awful! :) I love them, you are so lucky! You must shower us in pictures. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #9 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Awww, I'm so so so sorry Goose was DOA! :( I know you were very excited about him, especially! But yay, the other two are spoiled. :) They look gorgeous! What names were you thinking? I'd name the colorful blue/black/white one... Marina? Sorry, totally blank. The other one... pumpkin, stripe, anaranjado, Peaches. IK, awful! :) I love them, you are so lucky! You must shower us in pictures. :)
Thanks!! My sadness is already being replaced with pure glee- these two boys are sooooo funny! The red white and blue one especially. Flares at me every time I approach him to add water to his bag haha. For him, I was trying to think of a good "American" name given his colors and was leaning towards Samuel Colt (Sam for short), and the orange dal I was thinking Chester, like the cheetos cheetah haha. But I like Pumpkin too... A LOT! Or even a variation of it like Punk'in :P
Old 04-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #10 
Sweeda88

I'm so sorry about Goose. =( Your two boys that arrived safely are beautiful, though!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote