Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #21 
Amaya Yuy

the most I've spent on a betta was 14.99. That's what I paid at petco for my HM Liam and my PK Icarus. I've prob spent over $400 in the last 2 months. I have 9 all together so.....yeah lol.
Amaya Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #22 
artes

Yeah, you're not alone. Just the food cost for all my pets is 250$ a month - that's not counting treats/cartridges/any equipment I need that's not food. And what did I do today? Get three new tree frogs. -_-
artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #23 
LittleBettaFish

I've probably spent $4-5,000 on my fish. One of my tanks alone cost over a thousand, and I just spent $170.00 on three bettas that should arrive sometime next week.

But then again, I work full-time, don't pay much in the way of bills or rent, and only have this hobby as my major expenditure. At least my parents know where I am every night - doing water changes
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #24 
Burd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
At least my parents know where I am every night - doing water changes
I wish my mother would've taken that as an excuse to have an aquarium for a bedroom. Ha.

BTW... that cheap blue/green/pink gravel? I HATE IT.
I bought it for my new girl's tank and holy mother of pizza... I've had to wash and rewash and REWASH that gravel like 19 TIMES before the water was clear enough for Ruto. FFFFFFFFFFF
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #25 
tracyalexa

I got started in Feb. I have spent about $500 so far. Maybe more? Uggh, it's like an addiction! But hey, it could be worse right?

I also ordered a fish from Thailand....now for "normal" people they just stare at me like "seriously, a fish from THAILAND..what are you thinking". LOL. It's just crazy.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #26 
roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I've probably spent $4-5,000 on my fish. One of my tanks alone cost over a thousand, and I just spent $170.00 on three bettas that should arrive sometime next week.

But then again, I work full-time, don't pay much in the way of bills or rent, and only have this hobby as my major expenditure. At least my parents know where I am every night - doing water changes
Well said! That's exactly the way I look at it too.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #27 
bettafish15

I feel so bad for you guys o.o My moms friend (who turned out to be a total d-bag) bought my tank and all the little accessories, all we had to buy was a gravel vac, substrate, and plants. :D I plan to get anohter betta soon, so luckily I have some money saved up :P
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #28 
artes

No need for pity. I think I can safely speak for all of us when I say that if we didn't want to spend the money, we wouldn't have gotten the pets in the first place.
artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #29 
roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by artes View Post
No need for pity. I think I can safely speak for all of us when I say that if we didn't want to spend the money, we wouldn't have gotten the pets in the first place.
+1
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #30 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
+1
+2
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote