Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #1 
Newtonbetta

Divided tank, thinking of having bettas switch sides...

I've had a divided 10 gal tank for six months with a betta having 5 gallons on each side.

Is there any issue you guys can foresee as to me giving my fish a change of scenery (changing their sides of the divider)? Would this be a horribly stressful event, or is mixing things up good for them?

Thanks!
Newtonbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

A change now and again is good :) When you do your next large water change, cup them both, clean the tank as you would, and do a rearrange. Or, if you want, clean it and then put on onto the other's side. Add them in with proper acclimation and theyll be fine.

Make sure if you move things around that they cant wedge themselves between or under things. Some are more curious than others, so its worth keeping an eye on after a switch.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #3 
Neil D

I hope your fish enjoy the change in senery!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote