Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #1 
PitGurl

Angry Poor little betta....

Some moron put two bettas together at wal-mart and of course we all can guess what happened. One was dead and the other had been torn to shreds, just pieces of his fins were left. The water was so brown you could barely see through it. The survivor was still fairly active considering his ordeal. I put him in my cart and decided to try to see if I could get him for free. I explained to the manager that he was going to die if left untreated. She said, "we don't do that", when I asked for him. I got more frustrated and tried to keep my cool. I said, "your just going to write him off" and she said "sorry." and walked away. I yelled, "don't tell me sorry tell it to this poor fish!". The cashier shrugged her shoulders and I grabbed the rest of my stuff and walked off. All they care about is their stupid $5, which is why I didn't buy the fish and yes I feel guilty about it. I just couldn't give them the satisfaction. Makes me so mad !
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #2 
Burd

Ahh, wal-mart.

The destructi-I mean, savior of man kind and Earth. Amirite? </sarcasm>

Edit: Don't feel guilty. My friend put it this way: If you give them money for that fish, the fish will have died in vain for you will only be facilitating wal-mart to keep doing what it is doing.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #3 
beta novice

make a pettion or call the walmart headquarters
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #4 
chelsmarie23

If I was that angry already, I would have just walked out of the store with him. Screw them! lol
chelsmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #5 
Burd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsmarie23 View Post
If I was that angry already, I would have just walked out of the store with him. Screw them! lol
People do it all the time, anyway. :P
Old 04-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #6 
PitGurl

Jail wasn't on my list of things to do today, lol.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #7 
nowzem

I might've just snuck him out (oops how did that get there?! Darn kids!)
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #8 
Burd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
Jail wasn't on my list of things to do today, lol.
They aren't going to send you to jail for a $3-5 fish. I used to work for Kohl's and the reason I quit was because despite hiring 2 loss prevention persons they apprehended/stopped NONE of the people who walked out that I called them for. They insist on safety of the staff (understandable) over taking chances. But what's annoying is when they're shoving loss and theft down employee's throats at meetings but don't do s___ when they try to prevent it.

Just sayin'.
I don't feel bad when I see people just walk out with stuff any more.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #9 
artes

I had the same thing happen - only both fish were still alive. Since it was one cup, I went through self checkout and rang up one betta. The one who was the most beaten ended up dieing a week later, but at least I tried. I have facilitated Wal-Mart more often than I would like to admit, but sometimes I just can't leave the fish there. I really need to send HQ here a letter and tell them to freaking stop carrying bettas if they're just going to fight them/not take care of them.
artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #10 
Hokuao

Wal-Mart won't send you to jail for attempting to steal a $3-$5 product if they catch you. If they made a big deal it'd be for no reason at all. When I was much younger I stole a fish from Wal-Mart because they wouldn't care for it properly and they just let it starve and rot away in the cup when I told them to clean out the cups and feed it (I didn't understand that stealing was wrong until a while later). My parents didn't notice that I stole it and when my mother asked me where I got it from I told her that a friend of mine gave it to me and my friend played along as well. It was wrong to steal from the store and lie, but if it makes a difference for a helpless creature I'll do it again. I wouldn't care if I got caught. I'd let them know just how it's going to be. They'll give it to me for free or I'd force it out of their horrible torture chamber they called a fish department.
Hokuao is offline   Reply With Quote