Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #1 
Abby

Angry drivers.....

Ok so here in australia its becoming more and more strict with driving, our driving system is:

Learner "L's" is the new driver driving with a full licensed driver instructor. top speed of 80km (bout 50 mph) must complete 120 hrs with an instructor present and beable to pass a driving prac test to get red P's

Red provisional "Red P's" is no instructor but speed restrictions (90 km) must hold a year and pass a prac test to get green P's

green Provisional "Green p's" same as red p's but speed is 100km

open license

the last few years the licenses have been stricter on younger drivers because of all the idiot drivers.

Last night my partners dad was on his ay to work when a young driver sped over a crest and through an intersection and T-boned my partners dads car on the passenger side. he was alone in the car thankfully or the passenger would prob have died.
my partners dad was taken to hospital and running tests till we left at 2am.

the driver, the CAUSE of the accident..... walked away unharmed.

I am SICK of young IDIOTS who speed, drink drive and dont use common sense. these are young 17-25 year olds thinking they are invincable and almost killing other drivers. my dad and two brothers are fire fighters who have attended countless accidents involving speed and lack of common sense.

sorry for the rant but ive had like 4 hrs sleep after the rush to the hospital at 9:30pm
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

I hope your dad isn't too badly injured and recovers quickly.

The same problems happen here as well. One of the main causes is texting or talking on the phone when driving. I'm 100% pro anti-texting while driving laws. I'm young and I text a lot but I do not understand someone who would take their eyes off the road to text. There is NOTHING so important that it requires you to text and drive.

I'm a little on the fence about talking and driving. I feel if I can sing along to the radio or have a conversation with a passenger that I should be able to talk on the phone when driving, HOWEVER.. I feel that "ear buds" (or whatever you call those hands free things) should be mandatory for talking on the phone.

Unfortunately people are always going to drink and drive. The best we can do is drill it into the heads of our younger generations to BE SAFE, always have a DD, and think before they decide to get behind the wheel.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think more people should use the hands free devices. They're not that expensive. I got my bluetooth free when I bought my last phone. It actually cost 49.99.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #4 
Burd

Please tell me he's going to sue that moron?
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #5 
tsoto80

my boyfriends Aunt husband was riding on his motorcycle a few days before his stepdaughters birthday and a drunk driver hit him and he was put in the hospital. He went into a coma and he now has brain damage. He is still able to talk, walk, ect. but he would never be the same as he was before. A few months ago there was a lady driving on the highway carelessly and she hit a van and killed a baby, put a teen in a coma, and I believe one other child and the father was in intensive or critical care. Turns out she was talking on the phone. Some people certainly take life for granted and think they are all that matters on the road. Others are more alert and safe. I personaly feel everyone should keep their eyes on the road, follow at a safe distance, and obey the rules. Driving is supposed to be a privalage.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #6 
Abby

He is my partners dad (not mine :) )
Hes sustained some lacerations to his right upper arm from the seatbelt and a lot of bruising.
cant sue him dont even have his details need to get them off the coppers. but the paperwork to gothrough to get the nsurace to pay out is hiedious. im glad hes able to make the calls otherwise we cant do anything because everything is in his name. he was in over night but they are keeping him tonight as well finally moved him out of the A&E and my brother will look in on him tonight when hes working (hes security guard)
i also organised a social worker to go help him they can call on his behalf leagally but his family cant (go figure)

soooooooooo cant sue the guy dont know WHY he was going so fast or why he didnt even attempt to stop.
the cars a total write off and now we have NO car for upto a month or more, so cant do a lot about that. but he JUST three days ago paid up his rego and insurance, so he will be able to get back the rego cash (which we will need now we need a new car :@ )
BUT we cannot TOUCH the write off car until the insurance has assessed it and nothing can be removed until after or the insurance is null and void.
so thats not going to happen for a week and a hlaf cause of easter urgh!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #7 
Alex09

I'm sorry to hear that. As a young adult attending university myself I know what you mean. There are crazy kids at my school who thing it's cool to be driving over 90mph while blaring loud music. I actually saw a pileup involving 6 or 7 cars on the street that leads to my school once. Dont know what ever happened to any of the drivers. I never drive over 75mph on the freeway and I always follow the speed limits on the neighborhood streets...

Last edited by Alex09; 04-21-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #8 
JaspersANGEL

Oh that is awful! But glad to hear that ur bf's dad is ok!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #9 
Abby

yeh its ridiculous, my family are firefighters ive seen many of these accidents like some guy speeding later at night on a back road hit a power pole split the car in half, the front half ended up in the creek, driver died on impact to the pole
Old 04-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #10 
Gnome507

That is horrible! I almost got hit a couple of months ago because some idiot couldn't wait 10 more seconds at a stop sign. On top of that she did an illegal turn forcing me off the road. She and her friend had the nerve to laugh at the situation. I would have gotten her license plate number but I was too shook up to even think about anything but get my sister and I out of harms way.
Gnome507 is offline   Reply With Quote