Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #1 
roypattonphoto

The Brainstorm Thread: Building The Perfect Beta tank

so i have a friend getting rid of 2 5gal tanks. they look like 10gals though have to measure them friday when i get them... (even though ive been told NO MORE TANKS!, i cant resist and im getting them both for 15 bucks sooo)

so the mission is, the move Elvis, my Halfmoon Doubletail from the small his 5gal Hex tank into one of these regular shaped tanks... (i think he will be happier... seems pretty happy now though)

so i figured since these will be BARE Un-adulterated tanks, i have the ability to start the perfect build....

Note: These will be filtered Tanks!

So Lets Brain Storm!

If We Could Start Bare..... Where Would You Start?

Let The Ideas Begin..... Lets get the whole forum involved, maybe someone else will get ideas for their tank or new betta!

Im starting with a new substrate, im not going gravel this time, its all about Aquarium Sand this next time around...
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #2 
Luimeril

you could try to make it as close to their native habitat as possible. :3 i think natural, planted tanks look beautiful!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #3 
roypattonphoto

lol i thought about a planted tank, but i have a very forgetful mind, and would prob forget to feed the plants, and with my history of plants... it wouldnt be a good turn out lol...
Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #4 
Neil D

A zen theme with sand and drift wood and lucky bamboo(research) and stuff.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #5 
Luimeril

i don't know if you have to feed them. o.o i don't feed my moss. it just does it's mossy thing and turns beautiful green. xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #6 
Arashi Takamine

What about instead of live plants or normal live plants get lots of silk plants, some 'betta plants' a few leaf hammocks (recommend making your own after reading what happened to another member's betta.) And maybe an air stone to create bubbles?

Or maybe an asian theme like Neil suggested. A pagoda some bridges maybe a buddha?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #7 
roypattonphoto

yah im leaning toward a asian theme... but and maybe a few bottom feeders like shrimp or something to keep sand clean...
Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #8 
Neil D

Oh yeah! I want a Buddha in my tank now! Look at the zen theme marina betta kits. (the design, I know the the container is poop.) the design inside it is cool.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #9 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Oh yeah! I want a Buddha in my tank now! Look at the zen theme marina betta kits. (the design, I know the the container is poop.) the design inside it is cool.
Buddha's rock! The one in Aki's tank was waay better then the marble one we were originally going to get.

(We saw a really big one at Petco the other day and my mom wanted it...Why she didn't buy it is because we don't have the room for a big ten gallon to put it in. XD Someday....)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #10 
roypattonphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
linky?

also on filtration, im looking at maybe an external 3 stage cannister style filter system... but as far as i know they all use high input/output settings, nothing that can be "toned down" for betta usage...

Marineland has a Bio-Wheel setup for up to 20gal, that moves about 100 GPH ...i believe its call the Penguin Bio-Wheel... .