Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #1 
lunawatsername

Smile share your beta names :)

just for fun, i thought maybe some people would be interested in sharing the names of their bettas, (or any of their animals) and how they came up with them. :)
ill start...

blue and black vieltail betta- i named him Nahh, as in, "hey does your fish have a name?" "....nahhhh...." xDD (lame i know but i really wouldnt come up with a name i liked lol)

himalayan/siamese/tom cat- i named him Pandem, which is a fictional city that basically takes over whats left of the planet after an apocalypse. yes, my cat is the ruler of all worlds :) we call him Pan for short :)

black lab/ pit bull mix- i named her Rue, which is from the same book as Pandem (The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins) and is the names of one of my favorite characters in the whole series. (if youve read the book, you know why its sad.) lol

well, thatsall the pets i have (for now >:]) hopefully we can get some people to play along and get a nice little discussion going on names, because i think their really interesting :) thanks for stopping by! :DDD
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #2 
beta novice

boo my newest betta
allie -cat
zoey -boxer lab mix
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #3 
tracyalexa

mine are all listed at the bottom of my post. my pit's name is Mooshoo (my daughter named her & I have no clue why). She named her sister Chloe...so she's pretty inventive.

The fish all had different names all by my daughter...but I had to change them (she doesn't know). I was thinking themes so I went w/ 80's hair bands. lol
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

My betta's names are both from Anime's. Maka is named after Maka Albarn from Soul Eater and Akira is named after Akira Touya from Hikaru No Go..

Actually my dog is named after Yugi Mutou...(All of my pets have anime/Manga names.) XD They're all very silly though. Maka she goes nuts whenever she thinks it's feeding time....However she is very picky. Flakes are beneathe her it seems.

Akira he can't get enough. I accidentily gave him a big piece of brine shrimp and he held onto it chewing on it periodically until he ate the entire thing.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #5 
Littlebittyfish

Buster- he is a mixed breed...dachshund/pekingese/chihuahua/beaglish I got him when I was 11..now 23.

Debo- He is a mainecoon cat..The one in my avatar..My sister named him.

Destiny- I named her..She was a stray and I caught her...The shelter was on their way to pick the litter of kittens up ..The kittens were under a storage shed behind a store...she was the sickest..and the slowest..and the only one I could catch..So I named her Destiny.

Tripod- she is my blue eyed 3 legged siamese/calico mix.

Cleo- My betta that started the whole betta addiction...(well. Ihad a betta when i was younger...but i never knew how to properly care for him)Cleo is a orange VT. The biggest VT. I have ever seen. I named him Cleo because that is the name of the fish from Pinocchio .

Batman- I got him for myself for vday. ( lame i know..) I didnt know what to name him. I asked my nephew and he shouted BATMAN.So it stuck...He is a purple VT with white tips on his fins.

Robin-Robin is a orange dal VT.

Milo-Milo is a crowntail..he has quite a bit of diffrent colors on him..blues greens and purples.

Oscar-Oscar is a Gray and white..(sort of coppery) Delta fin boy.

Flippy Picasso- My little flippy piccaso is a yellow delta fin...He was formerly know as Flippy..I named him Flippy because when he was in his cup he was upside down...I thought he was dead but he flipped back around...I have only seem him do this twice since I have gotten him though. He made a cat portrait bubble nest so I made him a last name...picasso...He is a fin bitter!

Panda-Panda is a doubletail..Most all of his fins are cellophaneish and clear..besides his double tails which are gray/black...He also appears to have a black mustache on his face.

Blaze- Blaze is actually my moms fish...But I clean his tank..because what is one more tank to clean when you have 5. She named him blaze because he has green metallic scales and his fins are red..and fade to orange then they have black tips.. It kind of looks like fire when he swims fast.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #6 
LolaQuigs

My bettas all have space-themed names. Currently I have Calliope (female marbley cellophane VT) and Arcturus (male copper dragon halfmoon).

My four panda cories are: Marx, Engels, Trotsky, and Lenin, collectively referred to as "Comrades."

My dog (silken windhound) is Zephyr, named after Shelley's poem "Ode to the West Wind" (Zephyr or Zephyrus is the Greek god of the west wind).

Last edited by LolaQuigs; 04-21-2011 at 06:03 PM.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #7 
roypattonphoto

Beta: Elvis HMDT , then the girls: well theyre just knows as "The Girls" lol
Dog: Scooby
Cat: Precious, Mister and Belle (as in Memphis Belle)
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #8 
TheKzv

Acoustic - Blue/Green marble VT. Got it after 2 hrs of struggling for a unique name I took a quick glance at my acoustic guitar and decided to name him that
G. - Just got him today he's a White & Red butterfly CT. The name is from one of my favorite anime shows, Katekyo Hitman Reborn (based on the mafia.... kind of)

I've also got 4-5 other names picked out for future bettas lol
TheKzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #9 
starzntwilite

my bright red vieltail betta is named Jiro. Its pronounced Hero. And my new crowntail is named Haiku. My crowntail is kind of a dark grey color with teal. He's really pretty.
starzntwilite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #10 
lunawatsername

haha i love that! wow awesome names :)

Last edited by lunawatsername; 04-21-2011 at 09:56 PM.
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote