Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #1 
BettasForever

Smile An Update from BettasForever

Yeah! My dad got me a 5 gallon tank for the new house. When he suprised me with the gift of the new place, he kept saying "Come on let's go see your new fish tank!" Turns out it was the pool in the back. I was so mad at him because I thought he actually got me the 20 gallon I had wanted for so long and it was even on sale for like, $37 bucks or something (It was a kit too!) Someone bought it though! I was so mad at my dad that I made him apologize for being mean like that and lying to me, so we went to our local Walmart and found this 5 gallon Aqua-Culture Home Aquarium Starter Kit and some black gravel of the same brand. We rinsed out the gravel and the tank and started putting it together, filter and all. We let it run for two days before getting our 3 guppies. Boy, these are some active fish! The yellow male is Lemon, then we have Tangy (the orange female-I think!) and another male, Calico! Now before you flame me that you can't have a male and female together- I know, the female (i think) will be seperated soon. When I go to my grandma's house on Easter I'm going to pick up all my aquarium supplies and my extra tank. Now it's picture time! Don't mind the empty tank, like I said before, I left all my supplies/decorations/tanks at my grandma's, so they will have a ton of decorations soon! Ok- introducing Lemon, Tangy and Calico! Thanks for reading everyone! -BettasForever
Attached Images

BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #2 
BettasForever

Bump! :o
Old 04-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice tank! It will look great once it's decorated. The guppies are pretty.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #4 
BettasForever

Thanks! I'm thinking of starting with some live plants, but since the guppies are getting along,(for now :p) there won't be too many hiding spots needed. Probably just 2 caves for decoration, and a couple Moneywort/Anacharis. I can't wait to decorate it! :)
Old 04-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Awww, that wasn't very nice of your dad! But at least he got you a 5 gallon. Lucky you! :) I love guppies, they are so spunky and cute. I miss mine! I can't wait to see that tank decorated. :) Love the names. Mine were, lemme see... my orange one was Bruce, my tiniest yellow Luna, and the other yellow with the bigger tail was Sunny or something. :) Love the tank!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #6 
BettasForever

Thanks! Did your guppies die? :( That's so sad! I wanted to give mine the best life! <3 I can't wait to decorate it! :)
Old 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #7 
Betta Slave

Lovely tank! I'm sure the guppies love it! Post pics when you have it all decorated :)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettasForever View Post
Thanks! Did your guppies die? :( That's so sad! I wanted to give mine the best life! <3 I can't wait to decorate it! :)
Yes, my bettas passed about a year ago. Dumb petco employee sold me 3 guppies for a 1.5 gallon tank, so it was totally overstocked and I couldn't get anything bigger. But I kept up with the water changes. But my guppies got Ich and I didn't know it was ich, and I didn't have anything to treat it with. So they all passed. It was so sad, I adored my guppies like crazy! I'd just sit and stare at them all swimming around, all spunky. Your's I'm sure will be very happy, bettasforever! Can't wait to see the decorations! :)
Old 04-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #9 
BettasForever

Ok, I just got back from my grandma's house. I added the non-sharp plant and the little rock cave I had in my 2gal. I love how my tank looks now. I'll try to get some pics up, and thanks for all the great comments everyone. I'm going to try to do some work around my house to earn some money for live plants, and my guppies are really happy right now. :P Oh, and I forgot one thing...

HAPPY EASTER!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #10 
Bettaluver4evr

Happy easter! God bless! Glad the gups are happier now. :) Can't wait for pics!