Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #21 
baylee767

I have those little chocolate easter eggs! Oh, and peeps!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

I like peeps. I have some jelly beans.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #23 
lilchiwolf

I have chocolate popcorn.....

lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #24 
jschristian44

alright guys so i thought she is conditioned enough because they are both very active and her belly is plump white. so i put them together/seperate in the breeding tank. she had good vertical bars and the male has a good sized bubble nest which is has been working on all day so far, only occasionally like every 40 minutes checking what the female is doing. she is just chilling out with her vertical stripes and big belly yet. i really hope they will spawn sometime, when i least expect it. they just flared at each other and rubbed bellies. so i have to think that is a good sign.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #25 
rubyfire

Could you get a video or pictures of your spawning set up and your food for the babies if you do get any babies?

Every one is trying to help...I've read your other posts and you seem to try to do the right things at least a little bit at a time...I'm glad your still comming back here though...some people get frusturated, leave the site, and who knows what happens to their fish.
I had great difficulty with my first attempts at spawning too. It took me a year to get a spawn. At first I thought it was gong to be realy easy. Boy I was wrong. I learned that you need tons of patients and the right equipment for them to spawn too. As soon as I aquired the right stuff and the fish were ready and I was very patient, I had my first spawn.

Any ways sorry for the long read. I hope you understand what you are getting into. Spawning betta fish is a hard job at first.

One question- Are your fish still seperated right now? Because it sounds to me that you have released the female?
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #26 
jschristian44

they are together in the tank, the male has a nice bubble nest and the female is still showing stripes and a good sized belly. i will take some photos then. but what do you mean by patience? i tried spawning like 10 times now with like 6 different fish and i still havent gotten one spawn. i just dont know what to do.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #27 
1fish2fish

Let me ask you a question. You posted the video on your conditioning set up, got advice on your set up but never updated us on if you had changed anything. Now all the sudden your fish are conditioned and in the spawn tank? Did you change your set up at all because believe me... with that set up your fish are not conditioned. Sure they may spawn if your lucky, but that doesn't mean the eggs will be healthy.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #28 
rubyfire

I mean patients- waiting for the right signs- taking the time to make sure you have the right equipment- taking the time to make sure you have food for the babies if you get any- etc
I don't even know how many times I tried and failed one way or the other- my tank was too small- my pair wasnt ready - male or female wasn't ready- female beat the heck out of my male and killed it....
It seemed if I read a problem that could happen to your betta fish it would happen to my fish....I guess it was God's way of telling me that any thing can and will happen...

I'd love to help...I had a lot of problems and frustrations too...
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #29 
jschristian44

yes yes and maybe. i just want to see them spawn. the fish look fine. is conditioning 100 percent required or they will not spawn? i fed them like 3 times a day pellets and bloodworms for like a week or so and they look very active and healthy. i dont think that is my problem for why they wont spawn. they are doing everything, just not embracing. some people said it might take 5 days before they actually embrace, they were in there like 2 days now.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #30 
1fish2fish

Like I said they might spawn (IME however a fish that is not in condition will not spawn)... but the eggs will probably be very unhealthy and may not hatch at all. Like we've all been saying all along conditioning is necessary for a spawn.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote