Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #1 
Ariel1719

Stupid fish!

Omg. I swear this is the last time im ever buying a fish. My two new BEAUTIFUL AB babies arrives yesterday as healthy as can be. I did their acclimating over the course of the day, releasing them at 9pm last night after recieving them at 1230. I woke up this morning to my stupid beautiful male dead cuz he jumped out of the SMALLESSTTT hole in my 2.5gal. I checked on the female who is in my 10gal and shes fine still. It is SO discouraging. I didn't even have them for 24 hours. He didn't even have a name yet. Theres like $135 down the drain.

Here is the only pic I have of him.

RIP
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #2 
Burd

:( :( :(

I'm sorry to hear about the loss. Poor guy... It's amazing the size of the holes these buggers can jump through.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #3 
BlueHaven

Aww, i'm so sorry. :(
He was a pretty fish, that would be so frustrating if that happened to me too.
I didn't nearly loose so much money, but I bought a couple of shrimp once and named them (I get attached easily), but they ended up dying in 2 days from health problems...I still miss them a little!
Is there any way you could get your money back?
I guess that wouldn't change the fact that you lost your betta though...
I'm glad you still have your female, on a little bit of a happier note.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #4 
Ariel1719

This has been my 5th betta to die for a STUPID reason since Bacardi passed. Its like he doesn't want me to have any other fish so he keeps killing them all.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #5 
kathstew

Awww. I am soo sorry! He was so pretty. Is there any way you can get your money back? I know some of the sellers have like a 24hour guarentee or something like that.
I am glad that your female is OK though.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #6 
Ariel1719

I don't know, i emailed the seller but havn't got a reply. Either way, its only $18.00. The shipping is what bites you in the a$$. I wont be doing this again until im older or I get like 6 betta's at once.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #7 
Ariel1719

I was going to go today to get more females to start my sorority, but I really don't know if buying more fish seems even smart right now as they all want to keep dying on me. What would you guys do?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #8 
AngelicScars

I'm sorry! I know that has got to be rough.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #9 
SnowySurface

Personally, I would go ahead as planned and buy the females. It seems like your 10g is doing just fine for your female, so a sorority shouldn't have any escapees.
My first betta, Sparkle, was a bueatiful purplish color because he had a mix of red and blue. I learned the hard way that bettas can jump when he popped out of his tank while he was at class. I know how heart breaking it can be when a fish who was perfectly healthy dies because he's to fiesty to contain. I may still miss Sparkle, but I didn't let it stop me from caring for all the other bettas I've had over the years. :)
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #10 
iheartmybettas

I am so sorry to hear that! :( I would continue on as planned with the sorority. Don't give up! I had a bad run a couple of months ago with losing fish not just bettas but now everyone I currently have is settled in and seems good. I think it is kind of normal.

This post is kind of scarying me though because both of my 10 gallons have a gaping hole in the hood where a HOB filter would be (I run UGF's on the divided tanks) but haven't ever had a problem with anyone trying to jump out. I may have to go put some plastic wrap on the backs tonight to feel better about it.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote