Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Should I attempt a sorority or split a 10gal for 2 boys?
Sorority 2 18.18%
2 Boys 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #1 
CyerRyn

2 males or a sorority? Help

I'm looking for advice and help with a decision for my 2nd 10 gallon tank. I was either going to start a 5 girl sorority or divide it into 2 (5gal) and get 2 males. For those who have seen me post know that I'm fairly new to this hobby and I haven't yet gotten a tank up and running. I'm really close, just need a heater and a few other supplies and I can start cycling my 7gal which is going to house 2 male Betta's already. Now I would just like a vote of which direction I should go for the 10 gallon. In your personal opinions should I attempt the sorority or settle with two more boys?
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #2 
SmokeNLark

Personally, if you're fairly new to the hobby, I would go with 2 boys for now. A sorority can have many problems. It also might not work, in which case you'd have to figure out what to do with all the females. I love sororities but haven't attempted one myself yet.

But if you do the research and really feel you can handle it, go ahead and do the sorority :) My vote is for males though.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #3 
CyerRyn

Even though it's only 3 votes (was hoping for more) I will go with 2 males or maybe a male AND female (of course separated) or would that be a bad idea for a male and female to be in the same divide tank?
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #4 
Dragonlady

If you can find a local breeder, definitely set up a sorority with female bettas that have known each other their entire lives.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote