Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #41 
Martinismommy

Don't let that shrimp eat my beautiful Grandsons tail!
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #42 
GienahClarette

He won't, Karen! I've got him far away from Sir Crispin in another container. C:
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #43 
Arashi Takamine

I think you should name him Goblin....

Cause only a goblin with a death wish would do that....
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #44 
DarkMoon17

I'm glad both the shrimp and betta are safe. I just worry when people talk like that even when it is "just joking" because some people will get the wrong idea and think that it is ok to mistreat lower organisms. There are a number of younger kids on here and it could be misleading for them...

The gifs on the other hand were absolutely hilarious. I would have had the same reaction!! It really amazes me that people have so much trouble with their ghost shrimp... I've had a few dozen and I've even bred them in tanks containing bettas and I've never had any instances of aggression :/
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #45 
GienahClarette

It's only the one, too! The other two were perfectly harmless. Although, they're in much more danger of becoming snackages...
Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #46 
DarkMoon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GienahClarette View Post
It's only the one, too! The other two were perfectly harmless. Although, they're in much more danger of becoming snackages...
Yep, if anything my shrimp were always in much more danger of becoming food, especially the youngin's. The aggressive one is the only male right? Do you feed them or do they just clean up after your betta?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #47 
GienahClarette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
Yep, if anything my shrimp were always in much more danger of becoming food, especially the youngin's. The aggressive one is the only male right? Do you feed them or do they just clean up after your betta?
They clean up after Sir Crispin, and seem to enjoy the permanent algae buffet.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #48 
DarkMoon17

Is it possible that Mr. Shrimp didn't think there was enough food and hitched a ride on a mobile buffet? Ghost shrimp will only eat algae out of desperation (similar to bettas actually). Obviously it would be a bad plan to put him back in Mr. Crispin's tank but, in the future your shrimp might be less aggressive if you make sure they are well fed. Maybe throwing a bottom feeder pellet in once a week would do the job (that way they will still clean up after your betta while not being too hungry)--food makes everyone happy :)
Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #49 
GienahClarette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
Is it possible that Mr. Shrimp didn't think there was enough food and hitched a ride on a mobile buffet? Ghost shrimp will only eat algae out of desperation (similar to bettas actually). Obviously it would be a bad plan to put him back in Mr. Crispin's tank but, in the future your shrimp might be less aggressive if you make sure they are well fed. Maybe throwing a bottom feeder pellet in once a week would do the job (that way they will still clean up after your betta while not being too hungry)--food makes everyone happy :)
Oh snap! I had forgotten that. I'll pick them up some bottom feeder pellets tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #50 
DarkMoon17

It happens lol I have the opposite problem, my poor oto cats ate all the algae in their tank, I don't know what to do with them now since they don't eat sinking algae tablets ^^;